Muting encrypted C4FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogpatch

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
While running DSD with the -pe option I notice clear voice always has "alg id: $80" and encrypted audio always has a value other than $80, so has anyone tried using that to mute the output audio device during encrypted transmissions?

mmisk

There is a version somewhere on RR that will not pass the audio of encrypted coms.

Try a search for it and if you cannot find it let me know and I can email it to you. I am using this version and it will not pass the enc. coms.

Mike

dogpatch

Premium Subscriber
Hi Mike,
I found a version by Binome made on 12/7/2011 about 185k that was supposed to mute encryption on Provoice so I played around with it and I tried changing the options and I could never get it to mute encrypted C4FM P25. If you enable the -pe (show encryption sync bits) option you can see that it doesn't mute when the alg id is not $80, and that seems to be what is required. Is there another switch I should be using? P.S. This version was found by Googling "dsdforwin" and "encrypt".

mmisk

mute encryption

I think that is the version that I downloaded,
I have only used it with provoice, and it does not pass the audio on encrypted comms.
The command I use is just: dsd -fp

I have never used it for anything else such as C4FM P25.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.