muting trailing tones on end of edacs communications

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnaron

Does anyone know of any hardware or software that is capable of muting the annoying tones on the end of analog edacs transmissions?
thanks

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
EDACS

Typically those beeps occur because you do not have the system your are monitoring programmed correctly/completely. What scanner are you using? What system are you monitoring? (A link to that system here on RR would be nice). Have you programmed all of the "repeaters"?

xnaron

Typically those beeps occur because you do not have the system your are monitoring programmed correctly/completely. What scanner are you using? What system are you monitoring? (A link to that system here on RR would be nice). Have you programmed all of the "repeaters"?

I am using SDR with unitrunker. Not a traditional scanner setup :)

xnaron

I figured out a way to mute the tones using sdrsharp. Set the Filter bandwidth to 8000. Check mark "Filter Audio". I am using Blackman-Harris 4 with 400 for filter order. I also use the digital noise reduction plugin set to -96db. Good bye annoying trailing data tones! I'm sure you lose some voice quality for me it was only slight.

Last edited:

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Now that Unitrunker has native RTL support we need to find a new way to mute the Edacs Beeps.

SCPD

QRT
I am still running Etrunker .. and am looking for the same thing. But I want a programmatic solution. I have the source code .. but I am only a so so C programmer. I need someone that really understands it ... to help me.

But til then .. then I will keep searching.

Anyone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.