Mutual Aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That will depend upon where you are listening. If you travel all over the state, then yes.

With me being in Louisville and able to hear Floyd's Knobs, Henryville, Charlestown and Corydon on a good day, all I have programmed are the Statewide Mutual Aid Talkgroups and the Zone 3 Mutual Aid Talkgroups.

I have also programmed the 800 Mutual Conventional frequencies (8Call90, 8TAC91, 8TAC92, 8TAC93 and 8TAC94). One or more of these frequencies are on repeaters. A number of months ago when there was a fire on the railroad bridge, the 8CALL90 frequency was used for communications between Louisville Fire and southern Indiana fire departments.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Mark, if your referring to the SAFE-T, yes, program all 10 SWMA's in, and the regional MA's for your area. They are used frequently for many reasons. On the District MA's you can hear BOLO's, and dangerous conditions put out by local PD's, and SO's so anyone in the area can be aware of things, as well as calls for aid. I consider Mutual aid freqs/TG's to be essential in any scan list.

ISP can interop with local agencies on either the MA's, or switch to the agencies TG's. And in most areas where an agency has its own system, they usually have the capability to switch to that system as well. This is daily here in Indy.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTO_04

Mark, if your referring to the SAFE-T, yes, program all 10 SWMA's in, and the regional MA's for your area. They are used frequently for many reasons. On the District MA's you can hear BOLO's, and dangerous conditions put out by local PD's, and SO's so anyone in the area can be aware of things, as well as calls for aid. I consider Mutual aid freqs/TG's to be essential in any scan list.

ISP can interop with local agencies on either the MA's, or switch to the agencies TG's. And in most areas where an agency has its own system, they usually have the capability to switch to that system as well. This is daily here in Indy.

I just started monitoring the MA TGs. They are a lot busier than I thought!

GTO_04

KidClerk

Feed Provider
Stat Flight medical helicopters use the District MA's to communicate with the responders on the ground as they fly enroute to a scene up here in the NW part of the state.

-Kyle

Mark, if your referring to the SAFE-T, yes, program all 10 SWMA's in, and the regional MA's for your area. They are used frequently for many reasons. On the District MA's you can hear BOLO's, and dangerous conditions put out by local PD's, and SO's so anyone in

the area can be aware of things, as well as calls for aid. I consider Mutual aid freqs/TG's to be essential in any scan list.

INDY72

Just remember, all that changes over the next year. Motorola is upgrading the SAFE-T to ASTRO-25 P25 Phase 1. Bye bye analog, hello pure digital.

ky_fire_man

Premium Subscriber
Just remember, all that changes over the next year. Motorola is upgrading the SAFE-T to ASTRO-25 P25 Phase 1. Bye bye analog, hello pure digital.

I may be wrong but I would think you will still have some analog MA channels/talkgroups. Partly because NFPA requires the on scene communications to be analog for firefighting. Or they used to or that may have been changed.

INDY72

On the SAFE-T there will be no analog after the upgrade. It will be fully an P25 Phase 1 system. The conventional 800 MHz simplex/repeaters will have the ability to do either analog or P25. And about analog FG.. you may want to take a look at the majority of P25, and mixed mode systems in the DB. That requirement is so not true. They suggest it, wish for it, miss it maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.