MutualAid/ intersystem

Status
Not open for further replies.

HEReAZ

Premium Subscriber
i haven't heard any traffic on this RWC.
just wondering if any hear anything on this
thx for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFD4305

Yes and No

When I lived in Glendale, I regularly heard comms on the 'G'eorge and 'O'cean talkgroups. Comms ranged from coordinating traffic at the stadium to hostage and barricade situations.

Of course, the 'H'enry talkgroups are encrypted, so you won't hear anything there.

I can't recall hearing anything on the few 'M'ary talkgroups.

The only thing I ever heard on the Valleywide talkgroups was radio testing.

HTH

HEReAZ

Premium Subscriber
When I lived in Glendale, I regularly heard comms on the 'G'eorge and 'O'cean talkgroups. Comms ranged from coordinating traffic at the stadium to hostage and barricade situations.

Of course, the 'H'enry talkgroups are encrypted, so you won't hear anything there.

I can't recall hearing anything on the few 'M'ary talkgroups.

The only thing I ever heard on the Valleywide talkgroups was radio testing.

HTH

okay thanks for info. i'm in scottsdale and i use to hear traffic on but not lately
when they have their DUI Enforcement i use to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
What sites are G and O carried on? Is it still the high sites primarily or is it whatever site is closes to the radio user?

tipster67

I am probably do it all wrong. I listen to them on Simulcast A.. I am in North Phoenix. My favorite channels are PSAP - East and PSAP - West...

JohnSpartan

Premium Subscriber
I am probably do it all wrong. I listen to them on Simulcast A.. I am in North Phoenix. My favorite channels are PSAP - East and PSAP - West...

I can pick up PSAP on Simulcast A no problem. That sounds right to me.

KB7MIB

NASCAR is this weekend, so G-deck should become very active.
FD/EMS should already be on G-6, according to the Phoenix FD RDC CAD page.
One of the units assigned, however, is MESTRL, and I'm wondering if that's the Mesa communications trailer that houses their statewide mobile trunked system? If so, G-deck may not see a lot of useage as in years past. Most of the comms may be on that mobile system.

Is anyone planning on going to the race that can check to see if that is the case? Its probably a short range syatem, with a range radius of only a few miles, so your have to be close to the track to pick it up.

John
Peoria

WIS262

NASCAR is this weekend, so G-deck should become very active.
FD/EMS should already be on G-6, according to the Phoenix FD RDC CAD page.
One of the units assigned, however, is MESTRL, and I'm wondering if that's the Mesa communications trailer that houses their statewide mobile trunked system? If so, G-deck may not see a lot of useage as in years past. Most of the comms may be on that mobile system.

Is anyone planning on going to the race that can check to see if that is the case? Its probably a short range syatem, with a range radius of only a few miles, so your have to be close to the track to pick it up.

John
Peoria

G decks will be in use and will be very active. MESTRL is the PFDRDC CAD place holder for the Mesa Police Communications Trailer. However it’s there as a backup/contingency communications system with their T deck. G6 is usually the IMT talk around.

WIS262

Starting now through Sunday (and more on race days), G-Decks will be busy with activity with NASCAR.

G-6 is usually the command net/talk around
G-7 Interior EMS (walking teams, medical carts inside the track)
G-8 Exterior EMS (Avondale fire units in campgrounds)
G-9 Talk around
G-10 Exterior Law Enforcement
G-11 Interior Law Enforcement

There may be more law enforement talk groups out there for other special assignments. PIR also has their UHF system with command net, security, facilities, an EMS channel, etc.

KB7MIB

In years past, MCSO deputies/posse ran traffic control near PIR on one of their SPLDTL talkgroups on the Maricopa County system. Most likely, you'll have to be listening to the White Tanks site to hear them. They may not be carried on all sites. (This happens at Diamondbacks home games, as well. Deputies inside the stadium can only be heard on the Central Courts site.)

Also, Phoenix FD L-deck is active right now with law enforcement due to the Arizona Cardinals home game this Thursday evening at University of Phoenix stadium.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.