MVU North County Reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

hodad200

Twice this week Cal Fire has worked veg fires up in North County along I-15. Both times I hear the dispatch fine on MVU 1 VHF. However I can't hear any traffic on the Command freq from either side.

For reference sake I heard the Jennings incident on Command 2 just fine. But I can't pick up North County at all. I am in Serra Mesa up by the SDPD substation. Has anything changed? Or am I alone?

Thanks

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Do you know which Command channel was used for the two incidents?

XSD Command 2 is normally transmitting off of San Miguel or Cowles Mountain.

hodad200

Do you know which Command channel was used for the two incidents?

XSD Command 2 is normally transmitting off of San Miguel or Cowles Mountain.

Both incidents in North County this week were ran on CDF CMD 2 and 3 respectively. Neither were worked off the XSD channels.

hodad200

update:
same thing happened today. Northcom dispatched a fire in Bonsall. Switched to VHF MVU2 when in the area. And I hear nothing down in Kearny Mesa.
to be clear i am hearing everything dispatched on MVU dispatch in VHF. and anything in south county is fine. but north county is caput to me.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
There is a MVU2 repeater on Red Mountain that covers that area. Red is low enough that it may not be receivable where you are.

hodad200

There is a MVU2 repeater on Red Mountain that covers that area. Red is low enough that it may not be receivable where you are.

One of my co workers suggested that. I'm just curious if there was a a recent change to equipment or tones because up until a few weeks ago I had no issues with even MVU2 or any other CDF VHF transmissions in this area of North County.

Status
Not open for further replies.