Mwaa Dulles 800mhz talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
I'm monitoring the new 800mhz trunking system this morning.

New talkgroup observed:

141- Appears to be police dispatch at dca

Last edited:

jpb

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it's all 700? I have programmed both the 700 and 800 systems separately to follow what RR has listed, but I have never heard anything on the 700 system (i.e., no control channel on 700). I am definitely in range. I have heard IAD PD and 3A-Fire Dispatch on the 800 MHz P25 system. It's puzzling to me why they'd have 2 separate systems and system IDs. I have been under the impression that once they convert, all the 700 and 800 channels would be used as one system. I guess I have more questions than answers.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Are you sure it's all 700? I have programmed both the 700 and 800 systems separately to follow what RR has listed, but I have never heard anything on the 700 system (i.e., no control channel on 700). I am definitely in range. I have heard IAD PD and 3A-Fire Dispatch on the 800 MHz P25 system. It's puzzling to me why they'd have 2 separate systems and system IDs. I have been under the impression that once they convert, all the 700 and 800 channels would be used as one system. I guess I have more questions than answers.
What talkgroup is 3 alpha

jpb

Premium Subscriber
All those 700 frequencies were the NEW frequencies MWAA got to expand their system; when they migrate, I'm betting they'll pool all their 700 and 800 frequencies and not have separate systems. Still curious where the second system ID (4DC) comes from.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
My radio is programmed just for the listed 800mhz system monitoring P25 only site listed for this is Dulles. Are you saying that the database is worng and their are not separate systems?

Mr_Boh

If the talk groups are 1:1 and you can divide the old one by 16 to get the new one they are running on the same core, and likely using SmartX for the SmartZone sites. See Suffolk NY for an example of this.

Type II control channel will stay the same ID and such, P25 control channel will have a new ID.

But also can’t explain why the 4DC and 6DC

Last edited:

Mr_Boh

Nah. You would do multiple sites, not multiple systems. Multiple systems throws the complexity and cost into outer space. Even the largest statewide systems have a single ID. I think either typo or temporary thing and long term 6DC will be the sys ID. Was going to try to see if I could grab anything on 700 today but didn’t get the chance.

Reactions: jpb

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Were the fire talkgroups actually observed and monitored? I know they aren't very buy but not hearing a thing past couple of days.

jpb

Premium Subscriber
I have only heard 3A Dispatch patched over. No other TGs. Police seems to get patched more frequently. I see the RR listing is now much larger, but not sure if someone just did the math conversion of the P16 TGs as an assumption.

mrrehab

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know why fd channels are not heard?
Also noticed today Dulles pd with no ex. It was working last night. Several friends have texted me complaining of no rx.
I have noticed dropped rx on and off last several months. Verified by listening to old system by friends and myself.

jpb

Premium Subscriber
The P16 system is still primary. They are testing the P25 system in parallel, and appear to only patch certain talkgroups episodically. The switchover to P25 is probably many months away.

Status
Not open for further replies.