MWCPD off the air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Midwest City PD is not being heard on their direct channels, the Midwest City DMR system or OKWIN. Did they go encrypted or something?

fireant

They are using the ECOECN system P25 Phase 2 or at least have been hearing them on there as of today.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I’ve been monitoring that straight for the last two days and have only heard the Oklahoma Co Eastern Net, from SE OKC area. I’m only picking up the Downtown OKC site, also.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Still not hearing them! I even removed the PL codes from their 800 band frequencies...still nothing. Still haven't heard them on ECOECN. Surely someone knows what's going on.

air-scan

I haven’t heard anyone that sounds like their dispatcher’s voice on it, much less any incidents happening in MWC.
I guess ECOECN is licensed under OCSO because 772.10625 is the only frequency active listed for WRAT822 for Midwest City. Actually the North Oklahoma City site. Will see or not if Midwest City using that.

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I’ve set up a range to monitor that covers the frequencies of the FB2’s for WRAT822, that RR shows that MWC owns. It’s not very strong, even on Tinker, which just south of the city! I’ve have a few hits, but because it’s weak, it’s not enough to decode it.
I wonder if they’re trying to set up a low-power system like the one in Moore, that you have to pretty much be in city limits to receive!

Last edited:

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I drove around MWC, reception not much better. I did get several hits on other frequencies, it sounded like it could be law enforcement type traffic but I still couldnt get a clear enough signal! The tower is at KFOR so I guess I’ll drive up that way and see if it gets better.

air-scan

I seen some very weak signals on SDR# searching for them at 771-772MHZ. too faint for DSD+ to see. North Oklahoma City Site comes in stronger but not real strong. Downtown Oklahoma City site booms in.

fast2okc

Database Admin
I confirmed today Midwest City is using their channel 2 for dispatch due to interference on channel one.

MWC PD Channel 2 854.1125MHz DCS 205. Analog conventional.

The channel is linked to the ECOECN system, but is only active when a radio on the system is tuned to the MWC channel.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I drove up to the North OKC Site the other day. The control channel carrier was strong, but all the voice traffic I heard was still weak. Don’t think any voice traffic is coming out of this site other than what was mentioned.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
I confirmed today Midwest City is using their channel 2 for dispatch due to interference on channel one.

MWC PD Channel 2 854.1125MHz DCS 205. Analog conventional.

The channel is linked to the ECOECN system, but is only active when a radio on the system is tuned to the MWC channel.

After you posted that new info, I checked my database and found I had an old DCS code And that’s why I wasn’t hearing them!
So what will happen with their affiliation on OKWIN?

air-scan

I heard them on SDR# despite all the signal refraction I have to put up with on 854.1125MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.