My 03 Crown Vic

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFD245

Hello all, thought you might like to see my 03 C.V. I work as a FF/EMT-I for a paid department that allows us to go paid on call as well. The rear has 2 Galls dual LED deck lights with Whelen hide away strobes in the reverse lights and NMO mounts on the trunk. The front had 2 Galls LEDs mounted next to the rear view mirror on either side, 2 dual Galls LEDs in the grill and Whelen wig wags for the headlights. The interior has a Jotto-Desk console with a Federal Signal Unitrol controller, Uniden 786 and Icom V-8000. The interior also sports a Motorola MTX-8000 on the Fulton County Trunk system and a HT-1000 for our UHF similcast In/Out. Install was done by John at C-Comm 911 in Smyrna, GA. Thanks for looking!!! Ed

Last edited:

RFD245

03 Vic

Thanks for all of the kind comments, This has been a great car and currently as shown in the pics has 63,000 uneventful miles on her! I do not own a video camera but do have a few pics with the lights on. The rear back up strobes are imposible to catch on camera it seems. The trunk when opened has a set of PAR 36 LED light heads which have a double alternating patern as well The sirens are a pair of Whelen 100 watt horns mounted behind the grill. I also have a battery minder in line that when parked with the ignition off will monitor amp draw and disable the battery through a solenoid so the battery will not run down. Thanks again...Ed

RFD017.jpg

RFD023.jpg

RFD016.jpg

Last edited:

mjthomas59

Police start to recognize vehicles over time and get to know the drivers of them well. They know who is suppose to have the lights and who isn't. I bet if he went out of town though he might catch some flack, or atleast be required to show proof that he is "allowed to have them." Ofcourse that ems license plate is kind of a give away.

Awesome install! I don't think i could see even 1 wire showing, my only question though is how well can you access that bottom radio? It seems like it might be difficult to manipulate while driving, but that could just be the picture.

Great ride!!

RFD245

Hey Mike, ( B7Spectra )!! I have had this car for quite a while and take it out of state pretty often. Georgia issues a "Emergency Vehicle" decal which must be renewed by my department every year so should I ever be asked, it is on the wind shield. I will say I only get waved at by GSP, NCHP, SCHP, ASP, ect. I dont fly around in it and do often stop should I come to an accident as that has happened quite a few times over the years. The car has a B.L.S. jump bag in the trunk as well as pediatric and adult c-collars. As far as the bottom radio is concerned it is not to bad, could be better but you got to take what you get in life!!!

73's Ed

RodStrong

Good lookin' rig. It looks like a pre 2000 model year to me though. I would guess its a 1999 model. Does it have some older parts on it?

RFD245

The car is a bone stock 2003LX with the performance package and air ride bags on the back to keep her level!. You can tell an 03 and up by the wheel offset as Ford went to an all aluminum Lowers and uppers and moved the brakes out on the front suspesion.

Ed

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Very nice install...that car will last a long time. I have a 98 I drive to work every day and it now has 219000 miles and it runs like the day I got it.

RFD245

That is a Larsen scanner antenna on the drivers side and a 1/4 wave VHF on the passenger side!

ScanDaBands

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Man alive buteeeeeful job - that is one sharp ride...........gotta like the Larsens - we have a bunch of Larsen "new old stock" parts where I work.....Have the NMO150 roof mounted on my 4 runner to monitor the VHF part of the 911 system we maintain ,anyway back to your car , have to say that is one of my favorites I've seen on here....I do installs , that was NOT easy......NICE JOB !~!~!

Status
Not open for further replies.