my 05 explorer / just getting started

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

Looks like a good start !!! Any pics of your antenna(s)?

Also couldn't help but notice your signature. While I like it, I was always told it was "You can out run the MOTOR, but you can't out run the MOTORola".....

W4TF

i hope u don't mind i took the liberty to post the pics here for u and everyone

100_1052.jpg

100_1053.jpg

100_1051.jpg

swstow

Premium Subscriber
thanks AJ4VS i couldnt remenber how to get it done / now if i can get the right connector for the sirius radio to my factory radio / going to do the nmo mount this weekend /

Last edited:

firedawg0069

Looks like a good start !!! Any pics of your antenna(s)?

Also couldn't help but notice your signature. While I like it, I was always told it was "You can out run the MOTOR, but you can't out run the MOTORola".....

i have always heard you can out run the chevrolet but not the two-way.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Nice install- clean console.

I always heard: You can out run Mopar but not Motorola.

MOGace

Premium Subscriber
Hey man, I'm an MECP installer, and I work for Best Buy. It's 30bucks, but if you are hooking up that sat radio to your factory radio, and you don't have an AUX port, you need an FM modulator.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Hey man, I'm an MECP installer, and I work for Best Buy. It's 30bucks, but if you are hooking up that sat radio to your factory radio, and you don't have an AUX port, you need an FM modulator.

The Sirius units have their own FM transmitters in them so there is no need to purcahse another FM modulator if he was going to go that route. He's better off using the Aux input than using the FM modulator, better sound quality and Sirius has been recomending using the Aux inputs anyway.

SWSTOW: Which factory radio do you have in your Ford?

MOGace

Premium Subscriber
Izzyj4: thanks for rewording exactly what I had said already ;) good thing I install these all the time huh? :p lol

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
Izzyj4: thanks for rewording exactly what I had said already ;) good thing I install these all the time huh? :p lol

YOu know what, I really shouldn't be posting when I'm half awake at work!!! LOL Sorry man.

SCPD

QRT
I have an 05 Sport Trac that has been a real pain to build a creative console in. Of course I have the Annoying Ford factory console. Yours looks GREAT! very nice and gives me new ideas.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
izzyj4 you are right about about the aux plug / this truck came with sat radio factory but it was about 450 dollors to get the module installed at the dealer / the suris was 75 bucks at best buy and the sat module was around 60 bucks from tss radio in chicago / much cheeper that way, i hardly turn the am/fm on any more

OC05450R

Premium Subscriber
Hey MO I am a past installer at Best Buy MECP Advanced installer....anywho nice install man I also have an explorer and love the havis consoles for them I hope to see more updates to this... as installers we all know that most of the time after they lowered the power of the satelite units the fm transmitter built in also lost their strength, So the FM modulator offers the most direct signal to the radio and gets rid of the hissing and static most of the time completely.... and of course if you have an available aux input then that is the best route. Good luck with the rest of the installs, anything else you need I hope to be able to help you out in the future!-JOEYD

Status
Not open for further replies.