My 106 First Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Well tonight i dropped (should i say, knocked it off a desk) my 106 for the first time in the year and a half iv had it. It was about a 2foot fall but i did have the scannermaster nylon case on it so it did provide some protection. After it flipped about 2 times it hit the floor on the bottom of the scanner(It felt like i had just dropped a baby). I looked it over and does not appear to be any damage, and for now is working fine. I just hope it stays like that.

Any suggestions, tips?

Last edited:
I have drop mine twice and only had it 6 months now. Once was on the concrete and to my surprise it was ok after I put the batteries and cover back on. The other was on the grass so a fairly soft landing.To my surprise there are no scratches. So they seem to be pretty durable. At least you have yours had some protection. Maybe put it as close as possible to your monitor.

unixfreak0037

Premium Subscriber
I made the mistake of trusting the belt clip and had it hit the concrete pretty hard. Everything flew out, and the plastic display cover got scratched up pretty bad. Still works perfectly, though.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
lol, i had the crap knocked out of my old Pro-83 but it was the ole beater scanner anyway, just for the local conventional freq cops, but it never stopped working just looked horrible. the radios are still built decently tough, but yea for tips, don't drop it agian! lol, nail the wrist strap to the desk or something, i have 1/2 a dozen HT scanners/ham radios and keep them as close to the center of the desk as possible even between some of the other larger and mounted radio gear to make sure of no tumbles...

kmbrly

Hmmmm.... Maybe I should sew a padded/quilted cover for mine - something with a nice floral print. I'm kidding. Kind of.

I'm glad you didn't break your scanner, Kendrik.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Hmmmm.... Maybe I should sew a padded/quilted cover for mine - something with a nice floral print. I'm kidding. Kind of.

Yea me too. Its the first time i have ever dropped it so it kind of scared me.

I would diffidently recommend some kind of cover for protection. Scannermaster has got some great covers both nylon and leather.

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

kmbrly said:

Can you make a bright pink one for me while you're at it? Thanks. :p

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
my scanner gets knocked on the floor all the time by my 15 year old dalmatian as she follows me around like the puppy she used to be. Hasn't hurt it yet,and it's sturdier than you think.

shew

i dropped my psr-500 about 6 months ago and it scans fine but pick up absolutely no traffic and the volume is real low with it being turned up all the way..........so instead of sending it off after having it since 2008... i bought a pro 106 in february and got the nylon case for it so i am prepared for a drop this time.........

Status
Not open for further replies.