My 2003 Honda Accord

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt8105

I got these radios in my Accord back in February and I am getting around to posting some pictures. Radios are top Kenwood TK 7160 and the Bottom one is an Kenwood TK 8160. Got the one mic clip done today but for some reason all other mic clips have gone missing in the house. Radios are mounted using the aftermarket stereo install kit.
8758ad3db3806b3e25bc7514efa1dc86.jpg
8a4bb0aa3bb64d85994cb5865301e0db.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Nice professional install and using Kenwood radios to boot!!. I like the way you mounted them. I hear ya on the mic holders, I swear I have tons of them scattered about but can never find one when needed.

Station51

Looks Great!!
Had radios in my Rubicon stick shift Always wound up shifting with the mic in my hand !!
Well done!

BTW..........LOVE the FLAG

Last edited:

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Indeed, that is a very nice, clean installation.

BTW, did you know that the Accord is the only car used by the Disciples?

"...and all of the Disciples were in one accord." (Acts 5:12) :lol:

KC2GSP

Nice setup!!. I have the same car and hope to do a similar install. Do they run hot? Are they receiving enough ventilation ? Are they affixed to a mount one on top of the other and then laid into that space ? Would like to see you power cable routing if possible

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Yeah, that is one nice install. No corners cut, as far as I can see. Radios mounted in the right location, well thought out.

Antennas done very well. No half way job there. Permanent mount NMO's done right ALWAYS look better than a mag mount or trunk lip mount.

Very well done!

emt8105

Nice setup!!. I have the same car and hope to do a similar install. Do they run hot? Are they receiving enough ventilation ? Are they affixed to a mount one on top of the other and then laid into that space ? Would like to see you power cable routing if possible

In receive mode the radios do not generate that much heat. If you get talking for a while they do. I will get photo for you soon of the power routing it went though the fire wall and ended up near the top of the carpet on the passengers side. I thought about putting a small fan on a switch for the summer months.

Status
Not open for further replies.