My 2008 Charger set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ve3zo

Not much but it gets the job done.

ybuqujam.jpg

Sent from my LG-P935 using Tapatalk

ve3zo

The 4550 works great for the local DMR repeater, and even though it is on the driver's side of the center console it does not get in the way. My leg doesn't even touch it.

It is wired direct to the battery with switched ignition sense ... turns on when the car is started and turns off when I shut the car off.... I highly recommend it!!

Spankymedic7

Nice setup, haven't seen the Home Patrol in a mobile setup. Also, I like the XPR4550, I own a few TRBO radios myself. Well done.

hitechRadio

The 4550 works great for the local DMR repeater, and even though it is on the driver's side of the center console it does not get in the way. My leg doesn't even touch it.

It is wired direct to the battery with switched ignition sense ... turns on when the car is started and turns off when I shut the car off.... I highly recommend it!!

For saftey reason and protecting your investment if you ran the ground (Black) wire directly to the battery. You should install a fuse on the black wire at the battery with same rating fuse as the red.

Alternative if you do not want to fuse the ground remove the black wire from the battery and hook it to a chassis ground point. There is usually one near the battery.

ve3zo

How is your HP-1 clip attached?
Larry

Using a block of wood that is cut to fit the storage compartment and the I angled the wood and attached the clip to the angled side.

I also covered the block in a black felt and it is just a little smaller ( width and length ) so I could get the power, antenna and audio wires around it without the wires being pinched.

szron

Absouletly jelous.

Tho myself I think I'll get the police package Charger and put my junk in a proper console ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.