My .996 file for South Eastern Indiana BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Just wanted to share my Indiana FreeScan file. Open for critiques/questions. Notice at the bottom that I have all of Indiana SafeT broken down into 7 systems with the SQK 81 for all. All a person needs to do is add whichever site they'd need for the area they're traveling through to each system and you'd be able to monitor all talkgroups on SAFET in that area. I also have many other miscellaneous systems including Military Air in the area and a bunch of Louisville, KY systems and Indianapolis MECA and safe-t.....anyway...enjoy or shoot away with critiques. Never attached a file here before so let me know if the zip file doesn't work

Attachments

• shareindiana.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 108

jerk

I get the message not compatible with the version of Free-scan that I'm running. My version is .9G

del1964

Premium Subscriber
I actually checked it myself after I posted it in this thread and it came up fine. I'm also using 9G version of FreeScan I'm pretty sure...but I'll double check....yep .9G It just occured to me what might be happening on your end. RR won't let you actually attach a .996 file. I found out it has to be a .zip file. You'll have to save it somewhere first and then go an "un-zip" the file(s) and then open it using FreeScan. Let me know if that fixes it.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Actually "extract" is probably the proper terminology in this case.....as in "extract files" after you save the zip file to a temporary locale on you computer.

Yaris07

Very good ZIP file. I was wondering which tone on freq 155.34000 is bartholomew fire low band. You have many in your file.

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone tell me by looking at my files if I have I-calls programmed correctly. Look in Jackson county group and you'll see where I used "i0". I thought I saw somewhere where someone said they put I-calls in a completely separate group? And how can you tell if there's an I-Call since Unit ID's begin with the letter "i" ?

For example UID : i28619 is just a normal transmission from a car correct?

jerk

The exact message:
This file indicates version .7BCD96T and is not compatible with this version of FreeSCAN.

And it would be helpful if you saved the file in the scanner native format or CSV or Text.
Not impressed with FreeSCAN but the price is right.

Last edited:

del1964

Premium Subscriber
The exact message:
This file indicates version .7BCD96T and is not compatible with this version of FreeSCAN.

And it would be helpful if you saved the file in the scanner native format or CSV or Text.
Not impressed with FreeSCAN but the price is right.

I just re-verified that I have the .9G version and pulled up and re-saved the file. try this again and see if your luck is any better.

Attachments

• shareindiana.zip
    87.1 KB · Views: 65

jerk

I just re-verified that I have the .9G version and pulled up and re-saved the file. try this again and see if your luck is any better.

Found the error... not the reason for it yet.
Looked at the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.