My 996 Just got here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Thanks to Jeff over at the Hamstation, UPS just dropped off my new toy! Here is some pics for you guys. As soon as I get it fired up, I'll post more! Wooohooo!

DSC00184.jpg

c8988352.jpg

DSC001892.jpg

f1e4cedc.jpg

800crazy1

im glad for you , but very jelous !! enjoy , hopefully down the road for me after a good ol long dragdown fight with my wife , i should have it ! but again , happy for you.

dimab

well. I know who I will order my next scanner from. people are still talking about delivery dates to the stores, let alone to doorsteps!

awesome!!!
lets hear initial report as soon as humanly possible. and more pictures.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
TedTed said:
Why is it called 'Digital Scanners' ?

Either they come as a two pack, or Paul is slamming his fist into his desk right about now. ;)

rckydenver

Kirk said:
Either they come as a two pack, or Paul is slamming his fist into his desk right about now. ;)
I just had to look at my orignal packing box that the BCD396T came in, and there was no "s" at the end of scanner...sounds like this might be a collector box, wonding if the next shipment will have the "s" removed..

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Ok here are some more close ups. Let me tell anyone worried about Digital Audio Issues, It is non existent. This thing sounds fantastic! I think Uniden Finally got the AGC thing worked out.

DSC00193.jpg

DSC00194.jpg

DSC00195.jpg

DSC00197.jpg

I'll be putting it up online later so you all can hear the amazing audio!

safetyobc

That is cool! Thanks. I gotta get me one of those for the truck. Thanks for the pictures.

I would love to see one (mine) in person. Man, I gotta sell something.

HIP

Scanner freak?

How do you have the agc setup? Mine should be here next week and used the uasd to get all the programming in. In the software both digital and analog agc are set to auto so that is where I left it?

Mike T. kc8rrm
BCT996T (Arriving shortly)
PRO2096
785D
Kenwood TMD700
Kenwood TS2000

scannerfreak

Database Admin
HIP said:
How do you have the agc setup? Mine should be here next week and used the uasd to get all the programming in. In the software both digital and analog agc are set to auto so that is where I left it?

Mike T. kc8rrm
BCT996T (Arriving shortly)
PRO2096
785D
Kenwood TMD700
Kenwood TS2000

Leaving it in AUTO is working good so far, although you can manually enter them as well. I started the threshold level at 6 and it just happened to be the right one. I currently have it running on SAFE-T, a Smartzone Omnilink system, with multiple towers. I am currently scanning 5 sites and it is scanning everyone of them fairly quickly as well as my conventional system.

I have it running side by side with my 2096 right now. Cannot really tell the difference in Audio. The Uniden has that "sound" with it's digital that I think matches the radios more closely. So far, I think Uniden has nailed this one. I have not checked out GPS yet. Will do that this weekend.

pboy

scanner freak:

"Let me tell anyone worried about Digital Audio Issues, It is non existent."

Are you listening in digital only talkgroup mode?

scannerfreak

Database Admin
pboy said:
scanner freak:

"Let me tell anyone worried about Digital Audio Issues, It is non existent."

Are you listening in digital only talkgroup mode?

I have a few setup as Analog, a few as digital. but most of them I have AUTO. I can't tell the difference. What I did notice though, If you do not have a very strong signal on the site, You do not want the scanner auto decoding. I found it better to manually set the Threshold levels on my weak sites. Also, the stock speaker sounds a little muffled, almost like there is to much bass(even in upside down mode). Not bad though I do think I will try an external. Strong sites auto decode no problem. This is one hell of a scanner. Well done, Uniden.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
teebee said:
How is the 800 sensitivity compared to the 2096 scanner and any other scanners you may have or had?

Haven't had it long enough to determine that just yet, although, so far I do not see any 800sensitivity issues. It is receiving as well as my 2096 is...I do not have the proper test equipment for that, so anyhthing would be just an opinion.

Fiveo

I don't think the "Uniden Digital Scanners" on the box is a typo, as the user manual is also titled in that manner. I presume it is referring to the line of products, then it lists the model number and features, makes some sense to me anyway...Can't wait to get mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.