My antenna farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawhammer

Here are some pics of my diffrent antennas, the discone I use for listening to the military and USCG the half turn helix I use for the APT Noaa weather satellites to receive the satellite images and my homemade hf antenna I built to listen to the military,receive marine weather fax images from the USCG stations and the Navtex on 518khz and last my 6 turn helix is for listening to Satcom, always interesting never know what you may come across while listening.

any comments welcome,

Allen

Attachments

• DSCF1857.JPG
    DSCF1857.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 902
  • DSCF1856.JPG
    DSCF1856.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 901
  • DSCF1855.JPG
    DSCF1855.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 897
Last edited:

N1BHH

I love building antennas, especially wire antennas. I have an extended double zepp for 40 meters here at home, 170 feet long and room to put up something bigger. Have fun on HF, I just love it. Looks like you have been having fun building too.

k9rzz

I love the open wire feeders on one of your wires. Not 'window line', but *true*, open wire feeders!

manross

clawhammer said:
Here are some pics of my diffrent antennas, the discone I use for listening to the military and USCG the half turn helix I use for the APT Noaa weather satellites to receive the satellite images and my homemade hf antenna I built to listen to the military,receive marine weather fax images from the USCG stations and the Navtex on 518khz and last my 6 turn helix is for listening to Satcom, always interesting never know what you may come across while listening.

any comments welcome,

Allen

Hi Allen,
What is the brand name of your quadrifilar? How well does it work? Any null points from horizon to horizon? You have an awesome setup. I close on my new home tomorrow. I'll have a couple of acres in the country to put up my crankup tower and all of my antennas. I can't hardly wait... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.