My apartment setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Nice set of scanners you have there, and good job on the pics. You must buff your desk LOL
Is that your baby in that little picture?
Take care

Last edited:

nexus

The one on the left closest to the shelf unit is not a scanner, its Dual-band Amateur Radio, the Yaesu FT-50r it has the slinder long comet dualband antenna. The one closest to the Mac is an ICOM IC-R5 wideband receiver, the one in the middle is an AOR AR-8000 wideband receiver.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
IC-R2 doesn't look like an R5, if you have an R2 ;)

R2 was my first serious scanner - still going strong after numerous cases of abuse. Namely:
Dropping 5ft onto concrete + bouncing.
Dropping into 5 inches of water right past the SMA socket (pulled out of water, was still receiving local PD!).
Getting dropped at least once a day.
I even reversed polarity on it once, it died, sent it back and got it back fixed :D

scannersnstuff

What A Coincidence.my Wife Yell's At My Scanner's Too.especially "scanley" My Br330t.she Is Alway's Telling Him To Use His Inside Voice. I Need Help !

trunker0205

firemndon said:
Yes, that is my youngest in the picture. If you look close at 780, you can see the number he did on the knobs.

I have one spare knob,my 1 year old did the same thing..I ordered two and still have a spare,I live in Cumberland you can have it if you want it..

firemndon

trunker0205 said:
I have one spare knob,my 1 year old did the same thing..I ordered two and still have a spare,I live in Cumberland you can have it if you want it..

Thanks for the offer, but I do have some spare knobs. I just keep them off because I'm tired of looking for them everytime the kids pull them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.