My Apartment Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0TDL

Hi everyone , wanted to show my shack aswell , Nothing to fancy . Low budget . I live in a 2 story apartment home in Aurora MO

Items in these photo's Pro-2051 , Pro-96 , Pro-163 , and a Yaesu FT 2800 m , There is also a Heath kit for CW practice . Im a NWS storm spotter for Lawrence/Barry CO MO , when im not out spotting i am monitoring

the window picture are my antennas 2 radio shack mag mounts , a Hustler 2 meter mag and a Stealth j-pole type custom built IT works well and i can transmit to local and distant (OK,KS,AR) repeaters
The power supply is a Ten-Tec model 252

I monitor EMS , Law , Fire and anything else also some AWIN

Any questions just ask enjoy
1.jpg

HPIM1161.jpg

HPIM1171.jpg

HPIM1178.jpg

HPIM1165.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality

73's N0TDL

Attachments

• HPIM1161.jpg
    HPIM1161.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 2,334
Last edited:

N0TDL

It's not a metal window , it's that plastic type , as far as the diagonal it is a 300 mhz tv braid with a capacitor and tuned to 144 to 159 mhz , it was custom made by Bill Frank AC0JK

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Looks good to me. How's your reception with mag mount antennas just sitting on wood?

Mike

N0TDL

Looks good to me. How's your reception with mag mount antennas just sitting on wood?
Very good reception , i used metal cookie sheet , did not notice any diff
Mike

Is that Morse Code?
Yes its an older heath kit for CW Mores code

Hello Friends:

There is a lot to like in there but I wonder is this guy married??? ;)
Very happily married to years now , Tami my wife , my 8 yr old Devon and my 7 month old Landon

Got to be, she gave him one little corner. Nice setup!

Almost the dog house when i say Honey i need a new radio

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Yes its an older heath kit for CW Mores code

Very happily married to years now , Tami my wife , my 8 yr old Devon and my 7 month old Landon

Almost the dog house when i say Honey i need a new radio

Man, do I ever know how that works. My wife just about went nuts when I bought a PRO-96 (used, but still...) a couple of weeks ago; my 5th scanner (and 8th radio over all) since this past December. Take her out to the most expensive restaurant in town. That should help a little bit LOL. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.