My Apt Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
How good is your HF reception in the apartment? I can't pick up didly in my apartment. Any advice ?

R

Rayjk110

What the hell did you do to your Pro96? Both of mine are the Sliverish kind, I guess. Did they ever come with the option of a different color?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
JohnnyGalaga said:
How good is your HF reception in the apartment? I can't pick up didly in my apartment. Any advice ?

John you might want to take a look at the Antennas thread; the sticky there has a couple of links with lots - and I do mean lots of different antenna designs. While it's true that listening in an apartment means some compromises, you can still hear some very interesting stuff. I used to run a Drake R7A , Yaesu FRG7 and TenTec RX320 (sold the Drake and Yaesu due to serious financial problems, hung onto the TenTec) with various attic antennas and always managed to pick up some good stuff.

Basically it comes down to knowing when to tune, why you might hear it, and if the gods of propagation are smiling on you :D

If you're interested in more detail, post some questions on the HF forum 73s Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.