My backyard shack.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a Yaesu FT-891 several years ago when they first came out because it's a small radio with a nice receiver. I'm not a ham, I only use it to listen to shortwave but they're reasonably priced and have a great receiver. I've always had it hooked up to the 12v power supply but last night I thought why not buy a battery to supply power to it and make it portable and a little quieter so I bought a 12v sealed lead acid battery this morning. Don't know why I didn't think of this year's ago! Hooked up to the Wellbrook loop antenna and enjoying the nice weather in Arizona.

Attachments

• 20210212_161121.jpg
    20210212_161121.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 932
  • 20210212_110850.jpg
    20210212_110850.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 915
How well does the Wellbrook loop antenna works? Nice setup and nice weather.
Works fantastic! It's the indoor version & I've been using it for around 6 years. It doesn't really perform amazingly indoors, so I always use it outside when the weather is nice. I'm sure I could weather proof it if I wanted to, but it's easy to just bring it in and out.

TexScan780D

Premium Subscriber
Works fantastic! It's the indoor version & I've been using it for around 6 years. It doesn't really perform amazingly indoors, so I always use it outside when the weather is nice. I'm sure I could weather proof it if I wanted to, but it's easy to just bring it in and out.

I live in a duplex, so I don't think I have a lot of chooses on SW antennas, long wire or this Wellbrook loop antenna.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
lghwayman1224 you're killing me up here in Michigan with those beautiful warm and sunny pictures! :cry:

Nice setup however! All that is missing is some solar panels and a hot babe in a bikini!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Sweet backyard rig. I have the w6lvp (?) loop for my R8600 and I love it. How does the Wellbrook perform for you? I switch between the loop and an end-fed PAR about 40ft long. Works well, but I would much rather have the sunshine and good weather and able to tie off my dipole to a palm tree instead of a Buckeye tree lol you’re giving me upgrade ideas haha

Sweet backyard rig. I have the w6lvp (?) loop for my R8600 and I love it. How does the Wellbrook perform for you? I switch between the loop and an end-fed PAR about 40ft long. Works well, but I would much rather have the sunshine and good weather and able to tie off my dipole to a palm tree instead of a Buckeye tree lol you’re giving me upgrade ideas haha
It works great for me! So easy just to just bring out in the yard and start listening.

1979lee

Bought a Yaesu FT-891 several years ago when they first came out because it's a small radio with a nice receiver. I'm not a ham, I only use it to listen to shortwave but they're reasonably priced and have a great receiver. I've always had it hooked up to the 12v power supply but last night I thought why not buy a battery to supply power to it and make it portable and a little quieter so I bought a 12v sealed lead acid battery this morning. Don't know why I didn't think of this year's ago! Hooked up to the Wellbrook loop antenna and enjoying the nice weather in Arizona.
sweet setup

Status
Not open for further replies.