DSDPlus My .BAT files all stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I have different batch files set up to launch DSD+ Fastlane, depending on the system I want to monitor. Everything has been working flawlessly for many months now. However, today all my batch files no longer work. When I try to launch one, I get this message:

FMPA 2.36 -i1 -o1 ERROR
invalid command line parameter: "-i2"

I didn't change any of the batch files, but obviously something has changed. Where might I look for whatever has been changed?

Here is one of the .BAT files that used to work:

start FMPA -i2 -o20002 -f774.90625 -_1 -wsl15.43
start DSDPlus -r1 -i20002 -rc -e -_1 -OM NUL -wsl248.51 -wss200.300 -wel466.1048 -wes500.800 -wch15 -wcl15.1135

I am using the latest available Fastlane DSD+ and FMPA.

a417

can you post a screenshot of the "one of the .BAT files that used to work"?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
The contents of the .BAT file are above in my post.

EDIT:
I got it working again. What I did was I changed, in the first line, "start FMPA -i2" to "i1" and it started working again. But I never changed any of my .BAT files, so something referred to in the .BAT files got changed. What or how I don't know.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
How many dongles do you have plugged into the PC? That parameter -i1 or -i2 refers to the device instance. If you only have one dongle plugged in, then there is no -i2 to reference.

an Airspy serial number list has been added to FMPA.cfg

the first line of FMPA.cfg is now used for the (optional) Airspy serial number list

the first listed serial number will be device #1, second serial is device #2, etc.

a populated serial number list is required for -i<num> device selection

if you do not populate the serial number list,
use of -i<num> on the FMPA command line will trigger an error

to determine an Airspy's 16 digit serial number, plug it in and run FMPA

a417

The reason I was asking for a screen shot was that you showed an error inconsistent with the .BAT file you posted.

When I try to launch one, I get this message:

FMPA 2.36 -i1 -o1 ERROR
invalid command line parameter: "-i2"

that appears to be 1 batch file error

start FMPA -i2 -o20002 -f774.90625 -_1 -wsl15.43
start DSDPlus -r1 -i20002 -rc -e -_1 -OM NUL -wsl248.51 -wss200.300 -wel466.1048 -wes500.800 -wch15 -wcl15.1135

this appears to be a separate batch file w/o associated error message

I just wanted to see what exactly was run and the exact output, not what could have been juxtaposed messages from separate instances.

Glad you got it working, look at the modified timestamp on the file to see when the offending change happened?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Here is what I think happened: There were two Airspy devices (S/N's) referenced in my FMPA.cfg file. I deleted one because it isn't presently connected to my PC, and I was getting error messages about FMPA not being able to find that particular Airspy S/N. So apparently the one I deleted was using i2, thus the error message. Is this a reasonable conclusion?

a417

That sounds reasonable enough to me, but i'm not an airspy user and have only a cursory understanding of how FMPA (and its subsequent configuration requirements) operates.

I was just concerned that you were running 1 batch file thinking you were running another, and then using an error from another instance to try to trouble shoot the 1st problem. Been there, done that.

slicerwizard

Here is what I think happened: There were two Airspy devices (S/N's) referenced in my FMPA.cfg file. I deleted one because it isn't presently connected to my PC, and I was getting error messages about FMPA not being able to find that particular Airspy S/N. So apparently the one I deleted was using i2, thus the error message. Is this a reasonable conclusion?
Yes. -i2 means "use the second serial number" and you fried it. What were you expecting -i2 to do?

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Yes. -i2 means "use the second serial number" and you fried it. What were you expecting -i2 to do?
I guess I assumed it would continue to work using the remaining Airspy. Obviously not.
If I transposed the order of the Airspys in the FMPA.cfg file, I guess that would affect it also? I assumed it would just look for any connected Airspy in the FMPA.cfg list, and use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.