My BCD436HP is rock solid on IDPS throughout Marion County

Status
Not open for further replies.

racin06

I have now driven I-465 the entire distance around Indy in which my 436 was monitoring IDPS. The 436 was rock solid the entire distance...no different than what is illustrated in my videos I have posted. My 436 has also monitored IDPS from I-70, east/west all the way across Marion County and Meridian Street north/south across Marion County, as well...no problems whatsoever with monitoring IDPS. I've also had the 436 downtown...again, no problems with IDPS. The bottom line is this...the 436 is no fluke and is the real deal. It's time for people to quit making excuses (really?) on why the 436 is successful at monitoring P25 simulcast systems. It appears that we have a few GRE/Whistler fanboys that are allowing brand loyalty to cloud their objectivity ;).

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
As I stated, when this kind of testing is done, then I say yay. For P25 LSM systems, at least as far as IPDSC is concerned it gets yay. As far as a lot, and I mean lot of other issues that are being reported for the new Unidens, including the problems it has with loading certain TRS's.. And glitching to Type I on systems that are Type II.... It needs a few updates to it. At least it has seemingly solved the simulcast problem for Indy!... Now, again, I am still not going to be all gooey for any of them til after Whistler makes their first pure Whistlers and we see just what they can do. And as I have said in many places, no one has really made anything NEW system wise in several years. Still no LTR Passport, LTR Net/MultiNet, NXDN or DMR conventional, NexEDGE NXDN, iDAS, or TRBO trunking. It took them many years to catch up with the GRE's on P25 Phase II, and doing the entire DB load in. All the folks going gaga over the "it can GPS this, and remote from my phone that..." So? What new systems can it do? Does the basic function of being an scanner have any real improvements using new technology that isn't in use in pretty much any new generation digital capable scanner? I am hoping Whistler is able to impress me with somethig new, not just same old stuff with new bells and whistles that Uniden did. Again, YAY for Uniden for the fix for LSM P25.... At least so far.

GTO_04

Thanks for the update! The 436 is looking more tempting all the time. My 396 XT has served me well, but it can use a little improvement on the IDPS system.

After having cracked battery holder issues with my PSR-500 and seeing the ridiculous prices of replacement holders, I am less than thrilled with GRE right now. Hopefully the new Whistlers won't have the same quality control issues.

GTO_04

John_Howard

My bcd536 with its stock whip outperforms my old bcd396 with an 8 element yagi, located 5000S / 3000E where receiving MECA simulcast has been a nightmare from the beginning of P25.

Perfect clarity now, whereas it was always hit or miss, poorly decoding half of most transmissions. AND the display is 100x better, clearer and readable with ease.

racin06

I was referring to other locations than Indianapolis. Jeesh...

Thanks for clarifying where "everywhere" is, but I really don't know what you mean by "other." Are you talking about the surrounding counties of Marion County? I know the 436 successfully monitors IDPS from Hamilton County in which I live. I can say the same thing for Hancock and Shelby Counties, as well. I guess if I were to grid the entire metro area in 1 ft. grids and test the capabilities of the 436 monitoring IDPS in each and every grid…well then yes, there may just be a few locations where the 436 doesn’t perform so well. However, this is true for any scanner that has ever been manufactured. I really don’t get your point. I’ve proven the 436 can successfully monitor IDPS from multiple locations over a broad area AND with using the omnidirectional RS 800 Mhz rubber antenna. I need to prove nothing else to confidently state that the 436 monitors IDPS very well from a wide-area. It seems to me that you are very anti-Uniden, which is fine with me, but the bottom line is this, there isn’t a GRE scanner available that can reproduce the results of my 436 monitoring IDPS over a wide area and by using an omnidirectional rubber antenna. Lastly, I'm not a Uniden fanboy...I've owned GRE and Uniden scanners in the past and I will purchase the next new Whistler scanner as well.

racin06

My bcd536 with its stock whip outperforms my old bcd396 with an 8 element yagi, located 5000S / 3000E where receiving MECA simulcast has been a nightmare from the beginning of P25.

Perfect clarity now, whereas it was always hit or miss, poorly decoding half of most transmissions. AND the display is 100x better, clearer and readable with ease.

Thanks for your input. You seem to be another very satisfied x36 owner and are receiving the same results as I. Enjoy your new scanner. I'm enjoying the heck out of mine!

Status
Not open for further replies.