My BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

se

Hello.

I had the HP-1 from 2010 til I traded it in for the 536hp 2 and a half years ago and I seem to love it. For me the only drawback was the audio from it but the concept is great. Sorry for the off topic ramble.

Sheldon.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I just received my BC536 HP. I like it apart from the fact the speaker inside fires downwardly and the radio lacks feet or a tilt bail to allow the speaker to breath. So I have plugged in an 8 OHM Motorola speaker HSN4018A and it sounds terrific.

garys

Premium Subscriber
The radio comes with rubber feet that go onto the mobile mounting bracket. Put those on and attach the bracket to the scanner and you have a tilt stand that works very well. I'm listening to mine right now.

I just received my BC536 HP. I like it apart from the fact the speaker inside fires downwardly and the radio lacks feet or a tilt bail to allow the speaker to breath. So I have plugged in an 8 OHM Motorola speaker HSN4018A and it sounds terrific.

RFI-EMI-GUY

The radio comes with rubber feet that go onto the mobile mounting bracket. Put those on and attach the bracket to the scanner and you have a tilt stand that works very well. I'm listening to mine right now.

I haven't unpacked any of the mounting or mobile cables so I didn't see them. The Motorola speaker is going to be a keeper in my setup.

It is funny that the engineers put a mode to invert the display so you can invert the radio so the speaker fires from the top, yet the buttons and graphics will be upside down as a result.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
If anyone else is looking for a good speaker for the BCD536HP, I am partial to the Uniden BC15 speaker. Works and sounds great. I have two of them. The other one is for the BCT15X.

Status
Not open for further replies.