My Bedroom Station During Renovation

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Well, the family room is being re-done. I have to re-do my outside antennas and coax lines as well this summer. So in the mean time, I have a few of my scanners hangin out with me on my bedroom desk. No outside antennas (yet) as I am replacing them all HF-800 MHZ.. At 475FT above sea level in the bedroom, I won't miss them too much right now!

Pro-2005,2006- Mil-Air / Civil Air monitoring (New EL lights on both,Dimmer switch modified for on/off, and Carrier on indicators on both, one green one yellow)
PSR 410- Analog trunking / NYC-LI monitoring
BCT-15- analog everything else
Not pictured here is my 396XT portable for the digital stuff. (working on a digital base)
Yes sir, it's gonna fun redoing the ol shack this summer! Helps to have a wife who is also a HAM! LOL...

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Nice setup :) does the GRE Super Amp make a difference? Im sure it does our your wouldn't have it but is it worth getting to run base scanners with a rubber duck?

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I had the amp for years now! In MY persona experience, yes, it has worked out for me indoors on a rubber duck. Then again, it's a Diamond brand RH-77 to begin with so it does well no matter what. I rarely use it. I'm using it now just to help me a bit with the NYC-LI stuff at times. If I were running my outside antennas, there would be NO need whatsoever for it.

Manny

SCPD

QRT
I might pick one up for my feeds. I don't run my feeds off my disscone so this might help a bit for the 19/23 pct feed i will be doing in a week or so. thanks for the quick reply.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Nice and clean setup and love the helos!

The Dolphin on the PRO-2006 and the HH-60 Jayhawk on the BCT15 (I'm a big fan!)

Russell

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
I used to have that amp. It worked well when scanning a distant ham repeater during severe wx. With the amp off, I couldn't hear squat. With it on, the signal was very good. Too bad lighting, or static, took it out though. :(

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looks good,am liking the BCT15 and GRE PSR 410 part of the setup.

Now do you play with legos? :p The Space shuttle on the PRO-2005.

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
I used to have that amp. It worked well when scanning a distant ham repeater during severe wx. With the amp off, I couldn't hear squat. With it on, the signal was very good. Too bad lighting, or static, took it out though. :(
That's one reason I only use it with indoor antennas. You can't really find these anymore. I paid $5 for it at a long Island Hamfest a few years back! Imagine that!

Manny

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Nice handhelds there.

Now did you build that Lego A-10 Warthog and those Lego military boats yourself? If you did thats pretty good.

Last edited:

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Nice handhelds there.

Now did you build that Lego A-10 Warthog and those Lego military boats yourself? If you did thats pretty good.

Yes and no! They sell them as a build kit with instructions. However, it's not exactly written instructions. They are visual instructions which means you have to see what you did last and pretty much guess what comes next. I can't tell you how many times I had to back and undo something because I did not see a block or 2. The carrier took me about a month and a half. The others were a little less!

Manny

commscanaus

What a way to combine to great hobbies!
Nice work Manny!

I have a real soft spot for models, and especially Lego!
The Lego A-10 is just awesome! Never seen one before.
It looks just as intimidating in Lego bricks as it does in the metal.

Also like those helo models.
On my wish list is a model of the Erickson S-64 Skycrane, which is shipped over here on a lease basis to assist with our fire season from December through March each year. I have seen it in operation and it is just a magnificent piece of machinery.
Our Police use Dauphins and have for years. The sound of one overhead is always seriously cool and it was a reminder to turn a receiver on to the local Police channel to hear what was going on.
Now they have P25 secure :(

Great shack!

Regards, Commscanaus.

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
What a way to combine to great hobbies!
Nice work Manny!

I have a real soft spot for models, and especially Lego!
The Lego A-10 is just awesome! Never seen one before.
It looks just as intimidating in Lego bricks as it does in the metal.

Also like those helo models.
On my wish list is a model of the Erickson S-64 Skycrane, which is shipped over here on a lease basis to assist with our fire season from December through March each year. I have seen it in operation and it is just a magnificent piece of machinery.
Our Police use Dauphins and have for years. The sound of one overhead is always seriously cool and it was a reminder to turn a receiver on to the local Police channel to hear what was going on.
Now they have P25 secure :(

Great shack!

Regards, Commscanaus.

Thanks Commscanaus! I LOVE my Lego stuff! It's funny because building planes and boats etc.. is often thought to be a guy thing but my 3 daughters have a blast helping me build these things! It's a combination hobby and family pass time as well! Best of both worlds you could say! Even got the wife in on it too! LOL....I actually have 2 more helos I can post. I'm going to rearange things a bit and take another picture. As i said, this is just a temporary set up until I rearange the monitoring shack. I have a nice meter I use with my 2005,2006s for searches in the Mil-Air bands. Stay tuned!

Nice clean setup you have, hobbies rule!

Yes Sir, hobbies do in fact rule!

Manny

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.