Right... Right... Right... Right again and again and again! Right on all counts!mike_webb59 said:1. I'm willing to submit for discussion that unless the battery pack has been pulled and any residual power has been discharged, any battery-operated device is ON.
2. I'd guess that one would hack the system and muck the instruction set while the system is/was turned on, not try to break in while it was turned off. You know, while the phone was waiting for software updates.
3. In a sense, like a tree falling on the forest (making a sound), the cell phone microphone still receives sound waves even when not in use.
4. If you follow any of the computer techno-weenie threads you'll know that recently a *hardware* vulnerability has been discovered in some Wi-Fi adapters that allows full access to the computer on which it is installed.
5. I think that there are no truly impenetrable (commercial) systems, be it the cell phone itself, or the Wireless Provider, or the Messaging / Internet Servers that connect to the Web. There's a door somewhere -- if you can't just walk in the front.
6. I would venture to say that the transmission range of a hacked cell phone for non-directed audio need only be measured in feet, not in miles. Just to the parking lot outside or to the window pane.
7. I would also guess that all those little electronic widgets and components inside the phone are subject to electro-magnetic||sonic||whatever stimulation from a source off the circuit board.
8. I watch too many X-Files episodes, read too many Clancy and Koontz novels, and critiqued too many conspiracy movies to feel safe anywhere.
You guys do not want to believe it or some of you want to believe it would be used on just anyone.
I would LOOOOOOOOOOOVE to tell you how I know this. But trust me I know. It is not done by your backyard hacker weenie and it is (was) only used in certain situations. The event I know of did not occur on this continent and it was not used on any old Joe. I have no idea who it was used on. I know only who provided it and when it was used.
And no, I do not feel special because I told you this or because I knew of it. I am just informing that not everything you see in the movies is BS.