My College Command Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Following several other people in posting their dorm room setup's.

I thought I would do the same.

Running a quad core Intel processor at 2.64Ghz with a Nvidia 9800GT with dual monitors.
In the middle is a Linksys WRT54GS running DD-WRT firmware.
On the right from top to bottom:
Radio Shack Pro 2006 with discriminator mod running the Unitrunker Software decoding the OKWIN system from both the Tulsa and Okmulgee sites (as you can see on the left monitor).
Uniden BC895XT scanning the local non trunking frequencies.
Uniden BC246T scanning the OKWIN Tulsa and Okmulgee sites.
Finally on the far right is my pride and joy, a Kenwood NX 210 radio that I use for my Emergency Management activities and amateur radio activities.

Enjoy!!

Attachments

• IMAG0240.jpg
    IMAG0240.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,070

SCPD

QRT
Room mate doesn't mind. I only keep it turned up when I'm here. Plus he has his TV pretty loud so I doubt he can hear it through two doors and his TV. (It also helps when he's not here most of the time either. :))

Compared to what I had last time I was here, this room is almost double that size. And my dorm room is bigger than my room at my house. I guess being older means you get an apartment dorm. Age does have its privileges I suppose.

Thanks

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I hope you have dormitory and/or renter's insurance. I know a lot of young people who have had valuables pilfered from their college dorms and apartments. For a few dollars a month, peace of mind prevails to be covered. Please don't think that your parents' homeowner's insurance policy will cover your loss at college because it won't! Just words for the wise from a law enforcement professional who has taken thousands of crime reports in my career. I hate to be an alarmist, but you need to keep these words of advice in mind for the thousands of dollars you have invested in your pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.