My Comm Center with installed radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
At work we had a need for several radios that aren't part of the comm console. We needed back-up radios to be used if the consoles or tower is lost, our PW department added a new multi-channel operation we needed to access, and the state is building a new statewide trunking system. We also had a scanner and an MDC decoder.

Instead of cluttering up the tops of the equipment bays we built a custom faceplate and mounted all 5 radios and the decoder into it, using mobile mounting brackets.

On the left are 2 CDM1250's, one UHF the other VHF. These are used as back-up radios for our dispatch operations as well as to allow access to various local operations (high school security, marine ops, etc.) Below them is a BC780 scanner, soon to be replaced with a BC996.

On the right is the Cimarron MDC decoder for our local dispatch channel, a GM300 for our 5 channel PW system and an XTL5000 on the statewide StarCom21 system.

The Caller ID units are used on our administrative lines and 10 digit emergency numbers. (Our in-house system only displays the CID number, and only until you answer the call...)

The Toughbook is used to access our state data system. This allows Dispatch to communicate with the squads via the MDC's and provides an alternate means of accessing the state hot files and license info.

On the desk is a Nextel deskset (Does every cop in the USA have a Nextel these days?). To the left of this asembly is our main radio console, a touchscreen ModuCom system. There is a second identical console to the right, these radios are located in the center of the two consoles.

The radios in this assembly are connected to building mounted antennas, not on our tower so hopefully we will have some operations should we lose the tower.

Enjoy the photos!

Attachments

• radio2.jpg
    radio2.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1,776
  • Radio3.jpg
    Radio3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,849
  • radio4.jpg
    radio4.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2,705

Avenger44

Very Nice Setup . Just got 3 Center Comm 3 Desk's . Geting Ready to Reset my Shack .

Steve.
Chesco , PA .

Current Radios :
EF Johnson 9755 Summit
EF Johnson 9843 UHF
EF Johnson 5300 p25
EF Johnson Viking CM 8588 .
EF Johnson Avenger SI 8160 .
Motorola Astro Spectra UHF
Motorola Astro Saber 3 .
Uniden BC-796D .

N9JIG

Sheriff
Avenger44 said:
Very Nice Setup . Just got 3 Center Comm 3 Desk's . Geting Ready to Reset my Shack .

I was thinking about a basement shack using a scavenged CentraComII set-up from a neighboring town. I had a chance at 2 full positions, with desktops, angled bays, flat bays and even a map display, but just didn't have the room for it all. One of these days.....

Avenger44

N9JIG said:
I was thinking about a basement shack using a scavenged CentraComII set-up from a neighboring town. I had a chance at 2 full positions, with desktops, angled bays, flat bays and even a map display, but just didn't have the room for it all. One of these days.....

That would really be Something to look at .

Steve .

R

Rayjk110

We've got a half-state-wide motorola ham radio system up here linked on 2m/440/900 and the guy who owns it, well, it's basically what you described at his house. A huge centracom setup. pretty neat to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.