My Comms Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbourneradio

Premium Subscriber
Here are a few shots of my comms center ,

i cover everything , from digital p25 network , to conventional air band to marine , not much i cant RX ,
For tx i have HF , CB , Marine , and 2/70 ham bands

i am in rosebud , Vic Aust

i also have pager decode , going on two networks in the area ,

weather station ,

the main pc is a hp small form works really well for what i want it to do

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2175-1.jpg

DSCF2173-1.jpg

DSCF2172-1.jpg

DSCF2143-1.jpg

DSCF2145.jpg

DSCF2171-1.jpg

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Looks pretty good,is that ladder line in the tower shot?

melbourneradio

Premium Subscriber

No its called TD4 i think , it a dipole antenna , i have to take it down and do some work on it , i have got some links for info about this antenna , i have been told they are a "super" antenna

Somehow I expected the pictures to be upside down.

????? whats the joke ???? am i missing something here

Nice idea in pic's 1, and 2!!!!!

What idea is that ???? i looked but i could not find what you are referring to

Is that a security camera in the last picture????

yep .... my whole property , well the parts that count car covered by 24 hour recording cameras , these record onto a DVR and hold 3 weeks i think , any how there are 4 of them , one on the yard and drive , on on the drive at the front and the street , on on the carport , and one on the door to the shack

i have had a few issues with the people next door (not in relation to my radio gear ) and i had to install one of these then , from there it just grew , to the 4 ,but its great if im tinkering away in the shack i hear something going on out the front i can just glance at the screen ,

it is a note that , two of these , cameras are cheap $3.00 jobs from Asia , , and they work just as well as the $500.00 pro job i have ,

commscanaus

A well populated shack there John, very nice!

I really like your old school Telecom sign and the travellers radio sign.
Bit of a sign collector myself.

Is that an IC-R9000 hiding in the corner there???

Regards, Commscanaus.

melbourneradio

Premium Subscriber
That is ton of equip! Are all those radios operational and connected?

Yes they are all operational , and connected , i have made a few changes since the lat pic was taken , i also have a "mirror or sub " station in the house beside the bed (the photo's are the shed well away from the house )

most have a single use , or freq group , i have to organize them again ,,, its all a bit out of wack

I really like your old school Telecom sign and the travellers radio sign.
Bit of a sign collector myself.

yeah i could tell you a story about that telecom sign but i wont ..... LOL a little scary , the visitor radio sign is from my days on air ... i did a night or two on the local visitor radio this way ,,, if you look closely the frame in the back ground is also from my days in the spotlight were i spent two years doing a weekly and twice weekly stint , at the time the claim was i was the youngest voice on fm radio (i was 15 at the time and had my own 2 hour program in prime time Saturday nights as well as Thursday nights later on , im not to sure if that title is accurate i do not that there has been younger since)

i do collect the odd sign , i have a heap of security ones from my 10 years in the industry , (not to mention a fair size patch collection )
i also have others the normal street signs etc

i have seen some interesting ones come up on ebay from time to time but the prices are just silly

Is that an IC-R9000 hiding in the corner there???

yes that is a R9000 very nice radio , enough buttons to keep any one amused , and i think if you pressed the right sequence , it would make you a cup of your beverage of choice , it does everything else , it was pretty much in storage here , it was going to get stowed away , it has since been sold by its owner , but a very nice radio that looked the goods sitting on the bench

SCPD

QRT

Somehow I expected the pictures to be upside down.

????? whats the joke ???? am i missing something here

In the northern hemisphere we face the equator by looking south and in the southern hemisphere you face the equator by facing north. In the southern hemisphere Christmas is in the summer and in the northern hemisphere it is during the winter. In the southern hemisphere the northern slopes are hotter and dryer while the southern slopes in the northern hemisphere are the hot and dry ones. These are a number of examples of how the southern hemisphere is opposite from the northern. Taking all of these and stretching the logic to the include the way pictures are held is supposed to be humorous. I know I laughed right away and so did my wife when I read it to her. You are also known as the land down under.

These are all my guesses and impressions of why the poster thought what he said was funny. He would really have to respond to you and explain the logic and humor. As is always said, if you have to explain the joke it can never be funny to the person inquiring.

I enjoyed looking at your radio shack. I have a lot of radios without the room to use them. I'm going to build a set of shelves that will stand on the top of two of my two drawer filing cabinets. I'm going to have 2 ham radios, an HF receiver, 4 scanners on those shelves. I'm always looking for ideas in all the threads here. Thanks for posting yours!

ausscan

Premium Subscriber
John, when is the shack going to be open for tours? lol.

scanphreak

No its called TD4 i think , it a dipole antenna , i have to take it down and do some work on it , i have got some links for info about this antenna , i have been told they are a "super" antenna

It's called a T2FD (Tilted Terminated Folded Dipole) Antenna. I built one, they're very good! 2-30mhz continuous without an antenna tuner. This antenna was designed for government/military use. T2FD Antenna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia And for anyone wanting to build or buy one Buxcom has everything you need right here: T2FD Antenna Handbook

N2KMB

B11D
Feed Provider
whats the PDW software for i may ask on the Screens in the server rack

Status
Not open for further replies.