My computer keeps crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

radicalbill

I don't know why, but whenever I load down the CPU, the computer crashes. Different errors.

This is a new machine. My old one would bog down, but no BSOD, this new one, BSOD.

I am going to try and get another one up and running and leave it monitor all the time.

I would like to try Pro96Com to monitor.

I have used Unitrunker in the past, but heard good things about Pro96Com.

Any real advantages over one or the other ?

Dave, which do you use ?

Thanks

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

radicalbill

Procomm question

I have never used Pro Comm, and was wondering what it provides that Unitrunker does not. it sounds like it provides more info.

I want to use this with my SDR and route the audio straight into the Pro Comm software.

Has anyone done this ?

Thanks

joeuser

The Wretched
If ur CPU gets loaded down, as you say, then crashes... Its most likely heat. Open the case ( its ok, there's no majik smoke inside ) blow it out very well. Blow air through the power supply outside in then inside out. Blow around the fans esp. the fan on the CPU heat sink, dirt & dust will weave in there tightly & not allow the heat to escape. If there's no fan on the CPU heat sink then just blow it all clean. Rotate the cans of air, to keep the pressure up. Do not rub a cloth or swiffer etc around inside, just blow air in it. Once inside, if system is acclimated to temp, power up & see how she does. If this doesn't work, one or more fans may not be running up to speed etc. They range from 10-20$ so that's the next thing is try.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Bill;

I edited your original post to the correct name for the software.

I want to use this with my SDR and route the audio straight into the Pro Comm software.

"Pro Comm" is terminal emulation software. The program you describe is called Pro96Com. The author "mikey60" is a member on this forum. Mike or someone that regularly uses Pro96Com should be able to answer your question.

You may also find some information here:

http://www.psredit.com/pro96com/

Last edited:

reconrider8

i second the heat answer. when the cpu goes under a load it produces large amounts of heat and if it doesnt cool properly then it will cause the cpu to default/reboot or cause errors to prevent damage

Status
Not open for further replies.