My Dad passed away and my Mom gave his original FD scanner. I am trying to restore it,,Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

IAFF2498

Premium Subscriber
Regency 10 channel Scanner Crystals
Looking for the following Crystals:
York County Virginia Fire 154.400
James City County Virginia Fire 154.355
City of Williamsburg Virginia Fire 154.145
City of Poquoson Virginia Fire 154.340
Gloucester Virginia Fire 154.310
New Kent Virginia Fire 155.6175
Please email me at Proffff2@cox.net or Text/Call 757 532 3337. If You can help me out.
Thank you
Don Dinse

Attachments

• scanner.jpg
    scanner.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 71

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
At least some of those locations appear to be on trunked systems. The VHF channels may be legacy frequencies for simulcast, but no longer the main dispatch frequencies. Instead of buying new crystals you may want to buy a new trunking capable scanner.

a417

Are you going to be able to find a crystal for that last frequency? That's a splinter freq, and I don't think you will be able to tune that exactly. Can one of the crystal champions here verify that?

I actually do have a open Rat Shack several miles away with a shelf of crystals in drawers, I may meander on down that way soon and surprise the guy with his first sale this month...

citiot

ʇoᴉʇᴉɔ
Premium Subscriber
I'm sorry that you lost your dad. I recently lost mine.

I'm sure someone will be able to help. Looks like a great project in memory of your dad.

techman210

The 155.6175 problem is solved by getting a crystal for 155.615. Or there is a crystal manufacturer in the UK that the ARRL has identified a few months back.

If the lights don’t go on for a particular channel, you might have to open the scanner up and spray some contact cleaner on the switches and exercise them at the same time -should be good for only another 20 years or so.

a417

The 155.6175 problem is solved by getting a crystal for 155.615. Or there is a crystal manufacturer in the UK that the ARRL has identified a few months back.

I have never seen a crystal for that frequency, might have to be custom

LEH

Premium Subscriber
... The VHF channels may be legacy frequencies for simulcast, but no longer the main dispatch frequencies. ...
I know that York, JCC, Poquoson, and Williamsburg are still simulcasting their dispatches on their old VHF. Also some talk on those channels as well.

Don, my condolences on the loss of your father. Good luck getting the old scanner up and running.

One thing with crystals, make sure they are the correct IF some are 10.7 and other 10.8 Mhz and that makes a difference, been there done that in my old crystal days.

Status
Not open for further replies.