My Desk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike7883d

I've got a Uniden BC796D and BC396T for digital monitoring and a BCT8 and SC230 for analog. I've also got a Grundig YB400PE wideband radio and a Midland Weather Radio with the front display.

As hard as it has been, I've resisted the urge to buy the 996T and BCT15 and stick with what works for now. A simple but nice setup I think!

I wish I could have an external antenna for everything, but the association rules don't allow it.

Attachments

• Radio 005 (2).jpg
    Radio 005 (2).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 947
  • AAA.jpg
    AAA.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 953
Last edited:

ace755

Nice setup.... And yes, I’m bumming because I don’t have the Uniden BC796D or the BC396T.

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
Do you have an attic? The association doesn't need to know you have a scanner antenna. :)

Search this Forum for attic antennas.

RESCUE4NFD

I like the map,I have one of my city on the wall behind my computer/scanner desk,with the police beats highlighted,and fire stations numbered and at night I have it lit with a fluorescent blacklight which in a dark den/office at night the highlight markings glow in the dark and can been seen easy.I have my scanners,computers and TV in my den/office and at night watch TV or use computer with only the blacklight,or one red light on.I guess this comes from when I was a dispatcher and the "Radio Room" only had red lighting.I like your setup............

brandon

Database Admin
Nice setup!

I agree on the attic thing. I've actually surprised myself when it comes to attics. I was in mine and found a spot that seems to hear just as good as the antenna outside. This was with a yagi of course, but I was quite amazed.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike pic looks great!. Ya go for the antenna in the attic if you can't put one outside. Beams work great up there.
Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.