My emergency battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman210

Just checking this out. Not sure if it can hurt the scanner but I have a back up battery I keep in my car for cell phones and such. Powered the 436 up with no problem
2uqabame.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

XTS3000

I've rigged up 2 dummy AA batteries, cut a tiny section from the battery cover for external power wire, and using an IMR18650B Li-ion battery. I get a shocking 14.5 hours with the backlight on constant mid brightness and alert LED on the 436HP. Scanning conventional and trunking systems. The battery save option turned on.

Don't even think of doing this unless your schooled and knowledgable with dealing with unprotected Li-ion batteries. An IMR or SDI or NCR unprotected battery can discharge 20-50 amps if shorted!!!! If using unprotected Li-ion cells, make sure they are Sony, Panasonic, Sanyo, AW brands. Don't worry, the Li-ion batteries in your cell phones and everything else are using protected batteries. I've tried protected Li-ion batteries in the Uniden scanners, but they never last very long before reaching the limit of the scanners cut off voltage.

Essexscan

XTS3000 how low do you discharge the LI-Ion down to?

do you use a 14500 AA size cell in the third slot or do you use 18650's externally?

Status
Not open for further replies.