My Expedition (MANY PICS-CAUTION) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

okccsi said:
Ok. This is getting to be a huge drag. I am not here for an argument. My reply to your post was pure sarcasm. How you missed that, I don't know.

As for the sticker and why you don't see them on large departments or other security companies: Large departments don't want their officers doing that because then someone else puts a different type of sticker on it. Then the next guy and so on. Next thing you know, nobody looks the same. Case in point would be the Springlake division of OCPD having Lot Lizard symbols on there cars with the red circle and the line through it. They made seven officers take them off.

Security companies aren't going to let employees put stickers on company cars.

I own my own company, the vehicle is owned by me, so I am not hampered by the same constraints. Having a Glock sticker on a car is not the problem. Having anything on a car is the problem. At least for police and security. A couple of years ago a Oklahoma County Deputy was forced to remove a bumper sticker from his vehicle. It said "In case of rapture, this vehicle will be unmanned". Don't have to worry about gun-toting liberals on this one huh? He still had to remove it. It was not inline with the departments views on religious freedom and could be construed as offensive to someone who believed in a religion other than Christianity. That was the official response. The unofficial was, your car looks different than the others. I had a guy working for me that had a K&N sticker and Rokford Fosgate stickers on his vehicle. Had I a blanket police in place, I should not have hired him. Should he be made to take them off. Those type of stickers might lead a criminal to thikn that high end equipment is in this vehicle. Maybe while he is out of the car someone breaks into and steal some of my company equipment. We could go on and on. What about people with the fish emblem on their car. Should they be labeled bible-thumpers or crooks?

I understand that you view it as unprofessional, and that is the beauty of opinions. I like it, and I have spoken with others who like it...including LEO's. It will remain.

You calling me "security man" is probably the only thing I have missed the point on. At this point, I have it in my head that you are talking down to me...over a damn sticker. I am sure others will see it that way, and still others won't.

Please note: No sarcasm was included in THIS post.

OKC CSI

Good Job OKC CSI, couldnt have said it better.

okccsi

CommShrek said:
For a guy who doesn't care, that sure was a long post. :)

See, that is the problem. it kills me whenever the subject of lawsuits come up and I get on this kick about training. The whole knowledge is power soapbox.

This would be one of my quirks I guess you could say.

OKC CSI

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
phil_smith said:
he's in the catering business, can't you tell? :lol:

lol, oh my god!!! The only reason I come to the tavern these days is to see what landon has caused and who has subtly poked fun at him since my last visit... lol :D:D:D

okccsi

One of these days I am going to do an actual video instead of one using my little digital camera. The smaller camera doesn't have the right frame rate, so catching the strobes is hard. For the most part you get pulsing light, almost as if you were taking a picture.

The lightbar is going to change soon. I am switching to outer clear lenses and using colored reflectors on the inside. At some point, I am going to an LED lightbar, but only as funds come available. For now, I have new tires to get, shocks, and an alignment. Then replace the front seats, redo my entire console, add one more scanner and add another radio. After that, an alternator switch, K-9 cage, and a few more lights. I am also looking for a MDC setup to switch out the laptop with. I am trying to clear up some space and need to be able to mount the laptop in the rear. I want to go to touch screen, but would like to find something that runs on at least Windows 2000 or XP. A lot of what I have seen has been Windows 98. Then, I will yank the lightbar for a couple of weeks while I send it down for a complete body workover and then paint. My graphics will go on then and be clearcoated as well. The pushbar will be added, as well as a dual 100 watt speaker setup instead of the single I am using now.

Everything is on a timeline, but it is one that is set to positive cashflow. Works out well most of the time, but some months crap happens!

OKC CSI

CommShrek

okccsi said:
as well as a dual 100 watt speaker setup instead of the single I am using now.

OKC CSI

Because 100 watts doesn't wake up enough of the residents in the apartment complex huh? :) Whack on brother....whack on...

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
CommShrek said:
Because 100 watts doesn't wake up enough of the residents in the apartment complex huh? :) Whack on brother....whack on...

That's kind of what I thought.

OKC, you have a decent list of repairs/upgrades that you wish to accomplish. You are to be credited for your decision to repair aging mechanical items before upgrading your other equipment, but one has to wonder why the siren upgrade when all you have is amber lights and a security business.

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Because he can? Isn't America the land of the free and all that? :)

Why can't you all be happy for the guy. All you [people] seem to do on here is find something to ***** at.

okccsi

stateboy said:
That's kind of what I thought.

OKC, you have a decent list of repairs/upgrades that you wish to accomplish. You are to be credited for your decision to repair aging mechanical items before upgrading your other equipment, but one has to wonder why the siren upgrade when all you have is amber lights and a security business.

Who said anything about a siren upgrade? That would be illegal. I am merely talking about the speaker itself as it is used for the P/A.

What I choose to do with my money is pretty much my decision...when it is cleared by my wife, ha. I will reply to you and CommShrek who (as others in PM's seem to think he is jealous) made a comment about waking up the apartment complex.

I do much more than apartment complexes. The apartment's were the starting point of my business and then I focused outwards. For instance, a dual setup would have come in handy last weekend when trying to run off 200 plus subjects from a 48 acre housing addition that they dedcided to have a field party in. Why I am having to justify myself to you I don't know, but I seem to be doing it again.

My money - my decision. Your comments really make me think you have had a bad run-in with a security officer in the past. You sound bitter, but what do I know? Why haven't you come after me for having so many scanners? How am I a whacker? This one I would like to know. What have I done to generate so much negativity from you? Was it because I have responded in a well versed and clear manner? Are you not used to that when you knock other people's threads?

By the way, as mentioned before, I do installs for other people. In fact, my personal vehicle was what landed me a job working for a business that builds police vehicles. I continue to do installs for other's. Security, first repsonders, volunteer firefighters, reserve leo's, and have even consulted for two volunteer fire departments. You don't like my business card sir, don't look at it.

Me a whacker? Whatever man...whatever.

OKC CSI

CommShrek

okccsi said:
....CommShrek who (as others in PM's seem to think he is jealous) made a comment about waking up the apartment complex.

OKC CSI

Jealous of what? A Glock sticker and an amber lightbar? Whatever fool PM'd you that, is just that....and a chicken!@#$ to boot for not saying so here in the thread. I've sold more lights, sirens, and stickers and stuff like that in the past 30 days than you have installed on your ride. Matter of fact, I think I still have more stuff in inventory than you have on your ride. Whelen LED's have been in high demand the past few months. Need some? I sell mostly amber in this state. The colored stuff goes out of state. A lot of Red/Blue stuff goes down to Texas.

Regardless, folks who would suspect jealousy don't have a clue and don't know me very well if they said that. Speculators at best. :)

I'm not even going to address the other stuff in your post.

Like I said before, your install looks fine to me. That's not the issue.

It looks like way overkill for a security man and that's what I was saying.

okccsi

CommShrek said:
Jealous of what? A Glock sticker and an amber lightbar? Whatever fool PM'd you that, is just that....and a chicken!@#$ to boot for not saying so here in the thread. I've sold more lights, sirens, and stickers and stuff like that in the past 30 days than you have installed on your ride. Matter of fact, I think I still have more stuff in inventory than you have on your ride. Whelen LED's have been in high demand the past few months. Need some? I sell mostly amber in this state. The colored stuff goes out of state. A lot of Red/Blue stuff goes down to Texas.

Regardless, folks who would suspect jealousy don't have a clue and don't know me very well if they said that. Speculators at best. :)

I'm not even going to address the other stuff in your post.

Like I said before, your install looks fine to me. That's not the issue.

It looks like way overkill for a security man and that's what I was saying.

Since I started this thread, and it has to do with my vehicle and the installation of the equipment in it and on it, then a GLOCK sticker isn't the issue. The thread was not titled "Expedition Pics and Glock Sticker".

My professional appearance, my vehicles, and my savvy attitude is what got me near $200k a year in accounts kind sir. That is just in the first 2 years of business on my own. I bet if we drove some Dodge Neon's, maybe a Cutlass, and throw in a van or something we would be good to go in your eyes. Each one of these should only have a single dash light or something right? This would be under the radar you have labeled as overkill correct? Or maybe a vehicle should be professional looking. Maybe it should have enough warning light that it gets noticed. I mean, when you are driving in and around 10k people at an outdoor concert, why be noticed right? Why have strobes and a lightbar? All you need is a little something on the dash to get you through a couple thousand folks that have been drinking and smoking pot right? Maybe, just maybe that 100 watt speaker can be heard over the din of the concert music, cheering crowds, and hockers every 45 feet trying to sell beer. Probably better to go with two. Why have video and audio recording. Just a damn security man is all. Sounds like overkill huh? Why shouldn't security officers, that do the same work that police officers do, be just as protected and prepared?

Man...you have some issues.

As far as people not wanting to post what they think about you in a public forum...well your attitude in regards to me kind of confirms what they think and how you would react. You are quick to toss out the negativity and come back with a little bit more attitude than is needed on a forum. At least, that is the impression I get now...since I started this thread.

I am glad you sell lots of lights. I am happy that you have sold more in the last 30 days than I have installed on my vehicle. Sounds like business is good. However, I don't see you getting much more business if you act towards your customers like you do on here. I could have been a potential customer. Some months I might do installs on 5 or 6 cars in my spare time. That could be upwards of 4 or 5 thousand dollars. That is money you could have tried to get. But, being security, it would have been overkill right? If you feel that strongly about "security men", you probably wouldn't want to waste your time selling you "amber" stuff to US anways. Or reserve LEO's, or Firefighter's.

Oh well, I am going to lay down in bed early now because I know I am going to lose sleep over this.

I will give you the chance to reply, but then I am going to ask that this thread be closed...you have pretty much ruined the spirit of it. =')

OKC CSI

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
all I know is I like the install, when I first viewed it two days ago....then I read on and on and on. Who cares what he has and why he has it? I am an EMT and a firefighter and a LEO do you know what one word I hate more than anything on a forum such as this? The term "Whacker" first off its lame especially when refered to someone who runs a legit business. Now for those who have lights simply to have them, they are called impersonators. So the basic jist of this is leave the man alone....and like you OKCCSI I hope this thread gets locked.

BenB

It's his car. He likes glock. Keep the sticker. Just shows he supports that type of gun. That's all stickers on a car are supposted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.