DSC04609.jpg

DSC04610.jpg

DSC04611.jpg

DSC04612.jpg

DSC04613.jpg

i love it! check it...

Last edited:

af5rn

Sweet! Plus 5 for drilling holes! But why did you stop when you got to the 800 antenna?

P.S. See Homeboys' sticky at the top of this page for advice on close-up photography.

af5rn

What is the antenna on the passenger side of deck lid used for?
Looks like a dual-band ANLI. I think I would swap it with the centre antenna just for symmetry. But that's just me. I always go for bilateral symmetry when installing antennae. It's an obsession. :lol:

CanesFan95

Me At It Again With The Photos If I May...

Do you notice how in the close-up shots the antenna is out of focus but the pavement is in focus? That's called back focusing, where the camera fails to focus on the subject but instead focuses on something behind the subject.

Does your Sony camera allow you to manually choose the focus point? Does it have a 'macro' button with a little flower on/beside it? The antenna element is prolly too narrow for the camera to 'realize' that it's supposed to focus on it. I would try standing back a little further, manually set the focus point to be in the middle, and focus on the base of the antenna.

I think most of the shots are a bit under exposed. Maybe try center-weighted average metering instead of evaluative, as I see you're shooting in manual mode. You've got enough light to slow down the shutter to maybe like 1/160 or 1/125.

More importantly, those are nicely installed antennas (way better than mine!) :D

SAR923

Nice antennas although a real federal vehicle like those used by the FBI wouldn't even have that many antennas exposed. They love license plate frame antennas. :) Speaking of license plates, it's a good idea to obscure your plate with a photo editor. Can't be too careful nowadays.

af5rn

Around Dallas I see the FBI Crown Vics with either an am/fm disguise antenna or a single UHF antenna. They don't have much need for multiple radios. However, you will see the Secret Service with multiple radios and antennae, especially in presidential protection details, and they are almost always black. You'll see Border Patrol with multiple antennae too, although I don't think they run too many unmarked vehicles.

I've also seen Army Corps Of Engineers cars and trucks with two or three antennae on them. Although their radios are VHF, their LE personnel are sometimes dispatched by GSA police, who are on UHF. And around here, they need 800 for interops with local agencies.

SAR923

af5rn, marked federal law enforcement vehicles get plastered with antennas just like other law enforcement vehicles. When it come to unmarked, the secret service protection detail vehicles are about the only ones I can think of that have the antenna farm but they really aren't trying to work undercover. If the FBI is in a Crown Vic, they consider that almost like a marked unit. I was working a detail with the FBI and I found a beater 1990 Chevy Cavalier parked in the woods in a declared crime scene. Ran the plate and it came back record not on file. Just then, two guys I recognized as agents I had seen earlier in the day came walking out of the woods. I never thought of FBI vehicles in quite the same way after that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.