My feed has a lot of background noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate1n22

Premium Subscriber
For the longest time my audio feed has had perfect audio quality, however a couple weeks ago I had to disconnect it for a week because I brought my computer somewhere else... Once I got my feed back up and running it has a lot of background noise...
The scanner didn't move, and I'm using the same audio cable, so I don't know what it causing it...

Link to my feed: Muskegon County Law Enforcement Dispatch Live Audio Feed

It's hit or miss, sometimes it sounds alright, but other times it's really bad. Any help is appreciated.

jim202

For the longest time my audio feed has had perfect audio quality, however a couple weeks ago I had to disconnect it for a week because I brought my computer somewhere else... Once I got my feed back up and running it has a lot of background noise...
The scanner didn't move, and I'm using the same audio cable, so I don't know what it causing it...

Link to my feed: Muskegon County Law Enforcement Dispatch Live Audio Feed

It's hit or miss, sometimes it sounds alright, but other times it's really bad. Any help is appreciated.

My guess is that the audio gain in the computer is set too high and your bringing up the background hiss and static. You can increase the audio level coming out of the scanner and reduce the audio gain at the computer to reduce this noise till it sounds good.

If you listen to many of the audio feeds, you can hear the audio distortion from having way too much gain at the computer. Generally it also brings up the hum level when no audio signals are being passed.

If you try to bring this up to those that are supplying these feeds, they get upset and even very angry that you had the backbone to even say anything about just how poor these feeds sound.

Well if the shoe fits, put up with the pain that goes with it.

winikeh

My guess is that the audio gain in the computer is set too high and your bringing up the background hiss and static. You can increase the audio level coming out of the scanner and reduce the audio gain at the computer to reduce this noise till it sounds good.

If you listen to many of the audio feeds, you can hear the audio distortion from having way too much gain at the computer. Generally it also brings up the hum level when no audio signals are being passed.

If you try to bring this up to those that are supplying these feeds, they get upset and even very angry that you had the backbone to even say anything about just how poor these feeds sound.

Well if the shoe fits, put up with the pain that goes with it.

I have been having similar issues with a new feed I just started. Any helpful tips on where to make the gain adjustments computer side?

Status
Not open for further replies.