My first hate mail for ID Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

brscanning

I thought this was funny. My first hate mail for my scanner program. Never mind the fact that I don't charge for it, never guaranteed it and many other users have had no problem with it. I think the guy is a little frustrated dealing with computers and scanners.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:05 PM
To: k5dmh@bellsouth.net
Subject: Sent to my friend. Maybe it'll help you get your program together. You're only killing yourself by making it/them so difficult!

http://bellsouthpwp.net/k/d/kd5eis/IDTracker/IDTracker.htm#Downloads

Here's the 37543th program that looks sooooo professional and fun for scanner operators and is easy to down load the program to your PC. From there on - forgetabout it. Harvard and Yale are in order - as is a total com port overhaul - as NONE of these programs work - due to being excessively selective of what port they'll work with and what ones they won't. I paid $30.00 for scan scat program weeks ago and within 30 minutes had the owner sending me a check for my money back. Why? They alllll have your disease. Merely because the program in question is their/your thing - you/they all take it for granted everyone should totally understand EVERY thing they're talking about. When the truth is - there isn't one thing easy about any of these programs once you get them on your PC. They become impossible from that time on. Like every tangible new product these days - if you don't plan on spending days in an owners manual - and even then - if you don't have an unusually great comprehension level - you're only pissing in the wind. This program SUCKS!!

-----End Original Message-----

brandon

Database Admin
What a moron.
IDTracker is very simple to figure out. I don't read manuals to anything and was able to get it just fine. Notice how they sent the mail from an anonymizer program... they don't even have balls to reveal their own identity.

SCPD

QRT
That is why I designed my software for Linux, Mac & Windows but when a windows users emails about setting up my program I tell them it is best to use the UASD program or Butel ARC because my software is really designed for Linux users. That makes them back off. ;-)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I found that pretty amusing. So because this moron doesn't understand his computer or what a COM port is, you should just quit programming. Want to bet the reason he doesn't know what a COM port is because he has a new computer that doesn't have one.

Gee David, why don't you write your program to work with a USB port? ... What do you mean the radio is a RS232 device? ... Well these radio makers need to get with the program, so why don't you change your program to ... Oh. What is a device driver?

And on and on and on...

Gee as a software developer I can just say... what a freakin moron.

Do you understand what the control panel is? Can you open it up and change your comm port to one of the ones that the program uses? Here is a hint clueless wonder Control Panel \ System \ Hardware \ Device Manager \ Ports. Select one and click properties. WOW that is soooooo hard

Is that to hard for you?

Or wait how about every customer ships me a PC so I can then re-write the software to work specificly for your machine. How about that custom software for every PC. Not too hard for me to maintain, track, applyu bug fixes to every revision and so on. How about 10,000 dollars for your copy plus yearly maintenace then.

cschmit

Hmm after looking at this app I can't wait till it works with the 396!!

But yes what a dumb End user As we say in the tech world: PEBKAC

PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard and Chair

brscanning

KC9JSS,

I am working on the 396 code but without having the scanner here it has been difficult tracking down why it does not work completely. I hope to catch up with red8 this weekend and I can get that version working.

brscanning

There was a review on a certain web site that knocked the software because the user could not get it to work on an unsupported scanner. He reasoned that it should have worked because I did not mention that the software would not support the scanner.

In the world of programming and computer support you see all kinds so I have gotten use to it.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Oh brother....

I'd have sent him back an email that said:

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry that you are not satisified with our product. Please find enclosed in this email, a full and complete refund of the purchase price, and a picture of a book we think you'll find helpful:

0694518247.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Sincerely,
Ugotta B. Kiddingme
Technical Support Manager
ID Tracker Software

Last edited:

sfosgate

Wtf

i give up i work on cars for a living and have to put up with the same sh!7 i'm gonna throw my puter out the window drive over my cell phone and run my car off a clif.

then i might dig a hole in montana and put a shack on it ......

then send bombs to all you people who made this teknologi thing happen in the first place.......

seamusg

newbie said:
Gee as a software developer I can just say... what a freakin moron.

Do you understand what the control panel is? Can you open it up and change your comm port to one of the ones that the program uses? Here is a hint clueless wonder Control Panel \ System \ Hardware \ Device Manager \ Ports. Select one and click properties. WOW that is soooooo hard

Is that to hard for you?
Or wait how about every customer ships me a PC so I can then re-write the software to work specificly for your machine. How about that custom software for every PC. Not too hard for me to maintain, track, applyu bug fixes to every revision and so on. How about 10,000 dollars for your copy plus yearly maintenace then.
You're cheap $10K for 18 hours per day for a year is realy cheap.

rbts

Anyway...

Maybe some of you need to realize that not everyone on this planet are computer programmers or software developers and apparently not as "intelligent" as all of you.

Look at it from their point if view, if you can, and maybe even *gasp* help them out.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
ID Tracker

:)
Just a short note, I have been using ID Tracker for several years with my bc250d scanner and have had no problems with finding a com port that it will work on also I am now using ID Tracker every day with no problems, Thanks for a great program that is free, easy to use , saves you a lot of time, and makes scanning more enjoyable,.
Steve

brscanning

rbts said:
Maybe some of you need to realize that not everyone on this planet are computer programmers or software developers and apparently not as "intelligent" as all of you.

Look at it from their point if view, if you can, and maybe even *gasp* help them out.

The point is that this guy seems to have problems with all scanning software so therefore all software is crap. I realize that not all people get along well with technology but this guy has real problems. I deal with people all day long that are lost on computers and panic when something out of the ordinary happens. I help them out and do not expect them to know what I know because it is not their job. It's my job.

If the guy had a little patience and had politely asked for help, I would have done what I could as I have done for many others. However, he instead anonymously flames me for a program for which he paid nothing.

I just thought the message was funny because I imagined the guy at his computer typing the email in a total rage. My original post does not include all the emphasis (underlining, big bold characters, etc) in certain parts of the message.

Last edited:

seamusg said:
You're cheap $10K for 18 hours per day for a year is realy cheap.

LOL not.... 10k to change a line of code that slects a comm port :) and maybe a few other settings. gee how many times could I reuse the same thing?

I write network monitoring software for a living. Talk about having to do things very generic....

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
rbts said:

Sounds more like some of you need to realize that not every programmer on the planet writes perfectly bug-free code that works on every computer on the planet (especially one that some clueless retard completely screwed up beyond any and all repair) and then out of the kindness of their hearts, not only gives that software(and the countless hours of labor spent creating it) away for free but also spends the rest of their lives supporting it (again for FREE) talking to people that are too damned illiterate, lazy or just plain stupid to cooperate. I used to write free scanner software. USED TO. People like the guy who emailed in that complaint are the reason why I no longer do.

I have no problem helping someone out who honestly needs it. But there's such a thing as a scope of support. When a FREE program doesn't work on a particular PC the remedy is simple - try it on another one or try a different program. That's about as far as I would go in terms of support on a FREE program.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.