my first post and also a couple of questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyv15x

hi everyone.
i just joined this forum. i have been reading alot of the posts here(my head still hurts) and thanks to all of the great info on here i was able to find the scanner i needed,its a uniden bct15x and i should hopefully be receiving it early this comming week.picked it up new on ebay.i live on longisland in nassau count and mainly want to scan for nassau county police and fire,.suffolk county police and fire, and hopefully if i can pull it in nypd and ny transit police.
now for the questions. i started reading the online manual for this scanner to familiarize myself with it before i get it. i also looked at the frequecylist on this database here and was wondering :
1) how do you tell which frequencys are conventional and which ones are trunked?

2)when you start to program the frequencies into the scanner( i am going to try doing it manually first)
and set up the system then the group then the chanel do you have to enter every single frequencyon the list say for nassau county police as an example or can you just enter a few of the frequencies such as 7th precinct and 8th precinct for starters.

3)do you think that with the antenna that comes with this scanner that i will be able to puul in the nypd and transit police?. i live about 40 miles east of manhattan.

well thats about it for now with the questions.
cant wait to get this scanner up and running.
thanks in advance for any help
john

johnnyv15x

UPMAN

thanks for the help. i received the scanner at 11:30 am and had it programed manually by 1:45.
it went alot easier than i thought. once you do the first "system". "group" "chanel" then list frequencies the rest is a piece of cake. i am amazed at how well this little baby pulls in the NYPD. I am about 40 miles east of the city and they come in loud and clear and thats with the antenna that came with the unit.
when you program it manually you really start to learn the scanner very quickly. for anyone worried about programing this bct15x manually its not that hard.

upman
between the link you supplied and the cd manual from uniden and one other source i was able to piece it all together. it would have been nice if uniden set up the cd as a step by step guide instead of random info all over the place.
i am glad i joined this forum.
john

Status
Not open for further replies.