My First QSL Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

elzebub

I just received my first QSL card, Radio Havana, I know not a real hard catch but I thought it was cool that they sent me a QSL card and some station literature, I e-mailed them with a reception report on Feb 19 2009, and they sent my package on march 2 2009, and I just received it on June 22 2009, I have had several friendly e-mail conversations with them in the past few months, it really is one of my favorite programs. Just thought I would let you know I am fairly new to the shortwave thing, but I love it, I just have to get an external ant for the SAT 800, still running off the whip but can catch many stations. Thanks Dave

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
RHC has a very friendly bunch working there and has always been top notch in the QSL department, I got mine back in the early 60s. Funny you should mention the literature packet, back then I got dozens of envelopes stretched to the bursting point with nothing but a Feliz Año Nuevo card with uncle Fidel's picture on it. Yeah, if you think the feds don't monkey with the mail guess again, I was investigated and even got a personal visit from the FBI thanks to my correspondence with Communist countries.

Oh relax, the Cold War is over! (;->) Now there is e-mail so please say hello to Arnie Coro for me and if you tune around the ham bands you just might hear him, CO2KK.

elzebub

Here you go. They also sent some pocket calenders, book page markers, and a broadcast schedule.

Attachments

• qsl.jpg
    qsl.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 528
  • qsl1.jpg
    qsl1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 492

sixtyten

How did you get the QSL? Did you send the report via email or regular mail? I don't have a ham license.. I just enjoy listening to Shortwave radio. I would like to begin collecting QSL cards from the various broadcasters but I'm not sure how to begin.

elzebub

I sent the report via e-mail, the address is radiohc@enet.cu , just include the frequency and time heard, and a brief description of what you heard, I have had several conversations via e-mail with them, they are very friendly, I was listening one evening and they were reading some of the letters and e-mails they received and I heard "our next e-mail is from the United States" then I heard my name and where I live (just the state) along with my e-mail being read over the air, I thought it was pretty cool, my wife was looking for strange cars parked in front of the house for the next 2 weeks lol, I do not have a ham license, I am like you, I just enjoy shortwave listening, I am not sure if many stations even send QSL cards anymore, but I will keep trying to get more.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
Congrats on the first card! Always a thrill to get a card, but nothing like that first one. I got my first one for the inaugural broadcast in 1969 of Radio Nederland's relay on Bonaire in the Netherlands Antilles.

sixtyten

Thanks for the info! I'll have to listen in and send a report. This will be my first QSL as well..

I'm thinking about getting my ham license in the next couple of months. I found that its only $12 and the test is 35 multiple choice questions to get the Technician class license. I thought why not...

gcgrotz

Thanks for the info! I'll have to listen in and send a report. This will be my first QSL as well..

I'm thinking about getting my ham license in the next couple of months. I found that its only $12 and the test is 35 multiple choice questions to get the Technician class license. I thought why not...

GO FOR IT !!!!!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.