My first scanner...... deciding between a BC350A vs BC355N...... help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMAC_50

Found a Uniden BC350A and a BC355N for the same price but don't know much about these scanners and this will be my first one I've purchased so any information that can help me make a decision is appreciated! Thanks!

N8IAA

Found a Uniden BC350A and a BC355N for the same price but don't know much about these scanners and this will be my first one I've purchased so any information that can help me make a decision is appreciated! Thanks!

If you want to hear any law enforcement and fire department in your county and city, you will need an analog trunk tracking scanner. The 350A and 355N will not work. You'll need a BC15X. It is a little more expensive, but will work on the county frequencies.
You won't be able to monitor the statewide system, as it is encrypted. Don't know if you are interested in anything but your county.
HTH,
Larry

DMAC_50

Yeah I just mainly wanted to listen to my local PD and Fire...... but what good are these two little radios if you can't listen to either? lol........ They both have a button for Police and Fire so now I'm really confused lol sorry I'm new to all this......

DMAC_50

Plus I live in Florida and all the state agencies have their scanners blocked so I'm really just interested in my local Fire and Police Department........

Status
Not open for further replies.