My first stay in Kansas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbo

I had the trunk systems programmed in but knot knowing the area, it was kinda/sorta a guess. Monday was the tornado day where I picked up some of the storm watchers on their freqs.

I just travelled back into Pennsylvania overnight on Monday.

Tornados missed me at home but it was a worry! A very close call.

I did have a bellyfull of KS, MO Arthur Bryant's BBQ and visited Jesse James' home and Independence, MO and got to pick up Harry S. Truman's courtroom phone.

The antenna towers in place where I stayed (S. 47th Circle) provided ample signals.

Andy

rankin39

Welcome to tornado alley.

Monday was the tornado day where I picked up some of the storm watchers on their freqs. Tornados missed me at home but it was a worry! A very close call. I did have a bellyfull of KS, MO Arthur Bryant's BBQ Andy

We always like to throw a little Spring fireworks display for our distinguished visitors. The local weather did $24,000.oo worth of damage to my home and car a year or so ago (mostly golfball and larger hail). Thank heaven for insurance. Hope the BBQ made up for the weather. Let us know when you're coming back and we'll try to work up a real cloud-buster.

Bob, WoNXN

Gumbo

We always like to throw a little Spring fireworks display for our distinguished visitors. The local weather did $24,000.oo worth of damage to my home and car a year or so ago (mostly golfball and larger hail). Thank heaven for insurance. Hope the BBQ made up for the weather. Let us know when you're coming back and we'll try to work up a real cloud-buster.

Bob, WoNXN

Bob,

Sorry to hear of your losses. :(

What say you toss in some broiling heat and I'll think about a re-visit? :D

Best,

Andy

rankin39

Bob,

What say you toss in some broiling heat and I'll think about a re-visit? :D

We can arrange that. Wait till about early August. Shouldn't be any problem to produce something well above 100 F. After all, there are only 3 months of the year when it's never reached 90 degrees at some point. :)

Bob

Gumbo

We can arrange that. Wait till about early August. Shouldn't be any problem to produce something well above 100 F. After all, there are only 3 months of the year when it's never reached 90 degrees at some point. :)

Bob

I had a funny feeling about that! ;)

Sometimes it's almost too hot for BBQ!?

Best,

Andy

Gumbo

I had a funny feeling about that! ;)

Sometimes it's almost too hot for BBQ!?

Best,

Andy

Even sunburned at 9AM in 10 minutes. Dammit!

Andy

Edit: Surprised the 396T didn't melt!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.