• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

my grandfather??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southtown800

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i am 27 and my grandfather is 94, i was talking to him about world war II and all that todaya d he was telling me he use to be a Radio operator in WWII, so one the topic of radios he was telling me that in the middle of the night he use to catch CWID's and Morse code calls that were years old, like 30 - 40 years old,

Now,

My grandfather is a great guy, and i know hw is a little bit old, but can this be possible?...to pick up a dead signal or a lost signal from years ago, i have heard of this happening,
i have also heard that the 1st Queen Elizibeth radio transmission was picked up in the late 80's even though it sunk over 75 years ago?...

the basic question is,

is this possible?...and do radio signals ever die?

pinetree

I had a college prof. that stated that in theory particles set in motion will stay in motion. The problem is that to capture those particles (ie listen to them) requires equipment that we may never find. He used the illus. that Lincolns Gettysburg address is still virbrating in the air or the area in which he gave it but we do not have anything sensitive to pick it up.
This should start some real thinking.

MacombMonitor

I've never heard of such a thing! Interesting concept, but I have my doubts. You sure he wasn't pulling your leg?

car2back

Stormer and Hals recorded the intervals between the
main
signal and the mysterious echo:
1) 15, 9, 4, 8, 13, 8, 12, 10, 9, 5, 8, 7, 6
2) 12, 14, 14, 12, 8
3) 12, 5, 8
4) 12, 8, 5, 14, 14, 15, 12, 7, 5.5, 13, 8, 8, 8, 13, 9,10,7,14,6,9,5
5) 9

The author of this work offers the following decoding:
let
the numbers in the series be replaced for chemical
symbols
of elements with corresponding nuclear charges:
1) P F Be O Al O Mg Ne F B O N C
2) Mg Si Si Mg O
3) Mg B O
4) Mg O B Si Si P Mg N B B Al O O O Al F Ne N Si C F B
5) F
WTF????:roll:

RESCUE4NFD

Radio Transmissions(Blast Fom the Past)

Well my thinking about this is......Oh! wait a minute, ELVIS is calling me on my Icom.

Status
Not open for further replies.