my gre psr 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildone07

I have had my radio for over 2 years now, and have never used or even setup the skywarn feature.
I live in Allegheny county pa. 15065.
what do i need to set this up.

8 months ago, i would have figured this out for myself, but seizures have left without alot of my memory, and do not know where to even start..

thank you in advance.

raisindot

I have had my radio for over 2 years now, and have never used or even setup the skywarn feature.
I live in Allegheny county pa. 15065.
what do i need to set this up.

8 months ago, i would have figured this out for myself, but seizures have left without alot of my memory, and do not know where to even start..

thank you in advance.

The Skywarn 'feature' is a bit of a gimmick. All it is is another "favorites" list that is accessed directly by clicking (if I remember correctly, don't have my PSR-500 with me now) on "FUNCTION/WX". You can put any frequencies you want in there. And all Skywarn is a bunch of amateur radio hobbyists who go on the 146-148Mhz band report weather conditions when storms come through The novelty wears off really fast.

Just do a search of "Skywarn [your state]" on Google to find the frequencies in your area.

Jeff in Boston

kb8rvp

You can go to the NOAA website for your area and get the freq and SAME codes: NWR Pennsylvania County Coverage and program them into your scanner and then you can use the weather standy function.

You can get into the weather function by pressing WX then press SAME (F3) then you can programm the freq and SAME code for your area. For weather standby press WX and when you hear the weather forcast press stby (F2).

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.