My GRE Service Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterdk

So, I had to send my PSR 500 back to GRE to have my volume/squelch knob replaced. I called them first from my home in Philadelphia. A guy named Alex answered. He took all my info and emailed me an RMA number. He was very efficient and did what he said he was going to do, promptly and on time.
I spoke to Alex several times over the next couple of days. I told him that if possible I wanted my radio repaired and shipped back to me overnight UPS. I overnighted the radio to them on a Wednesday, they got it on Thursday, repaired it and overnighted it back to me the same day, Thursday, and I had it back in my hands at 10:15am Friday. Alex worked with me to get my radio pushed to the top of the repairs list at GRE and they used my companies UPS return label which I emailed to him. I saved about 50% on the shipping costs by using my corporate account.
In summary, I had a great experience with GRE and my hats off to Alex for great customer service (a dying art).

jb853

Premium Subscriber
GRE Repair

I sent my PSR-500 back to GRE about 7 months ago for a warranty repair. The technician was very professional on the phone and the scanner was returned promptly with the problem remedied. Customer support seems to be a strong suit of GRE's and in light of Uniden's recent substantial price increase (about $100) to the $600 range on the 396XT/996XT coupled with GRE's recent decreases on the PSR-500/600 (I see them selling for about $420 in some places) I would recommend that anyone in the market give them at least equal consideration. They perform at least as well as the Unidens and are not any more difficult to use. The only features I wish they had that the Unidens do are fire tone-out, squelch tone lockout and the ability to track a patched talkgroup, but if you can live without those, you can save some substantial money.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Agreed with all the above.

I purchased some parts from them recently (the front and rear faceplates of a PSR-500). They promptly returned emails, then called me to discuss what I needed. From here I easily setup a credit card transaction and my pieces were mailed to me pronto. I'm extremely happy with GRE's customer service and will continue to purchase from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.