HP-1: my hp-1 just stopped working, need help to see if they still repair it

riccom

Premium Subscriber
-.- .- -. ... .- ... / -.-. .. - -.-- / -- ---
Good morning:
got a hp-1 used, and it was working for a week, and i turned it on this morning, and had a sd card error, so i went to re seat the sd card, and then it would not turn on.
I changed the batteries, and still no power, any ideas if i could fix this and if anyone has an idea what may have caused this, and can this be sent back for repairs.
i know its used, and i am not looking for a free repair, i want this working again, and if joe bearcat could chime in, that would be awesome!
thanks in adcaned!

phask

Premium Subscriber
I sent one in to Uniden a year or so ago. It needed the internal battery/capacitor replaced as well as the GPS plug. Had it back in 2-3 weeks.

They have a flat fee , around $70.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Good morning:
got a hp-1 used, and it was working for a week, and i turned it on this morning, and had a sd card error, so i went to re seat the sd card, and then it would not turn on.
I changed the batteries, and still no power, any ideas if i could fix this and if anyone has an idea what may have caused this, and can this be sent back for repairs.
i know its used, and i am not looking for a free repair, i want this working again, and if joe bearcat could chime in, that would be awesome!
thanks in adcaned!

First thing to try.... remove the SD card and leave it out. Use a known good, fresh set of batteries and be sure they are installed correctly (or use the A/C wall wart to be sure you have adequate power). Be sure the battery contacts in the scanner are clean and not bent back to the point that they don't make good contact with the batteries

Then hold down the ON button for 4-5 seconds and see if there's any sign of life. Does the HP-1 turn on at all after taking out the SD card? If so, does it give an SD card error message at that point?