My humble beginnings.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rico47635

One suggestion. Lose the stereo speaker and get yourself something that is designed for radios that only receive voices. The frequency response on music speakers is very wide. Because of that, you will hear a lot more noise and hiss than you would on a speaker with the correct frequency response. A good choice for scanners and ham radios is the center channel speaker from a surround sound system. Its frequency response is designed specifically for the human voice.

KD6HRI

One suggestion. Lose the stereo speaker and get yourself something that is designed for radios that only receive voices. The frequency response on music speakers is very wide. Because of that, you will hear a lot more noise and hiss than you would on a speaker with the correct frequency response. A good choice for scanners and ham radios is the center channel speaker from a surround sound system. Its frequency response is designed specifically for the human voice.

Thanks for the advice and I have also had a couple other friends who are audiophiles inform me of this as well. I only did this because it was cheap......FREE! I opened up the back of the speaker and stuffed it full of foam egg crate packing and it really helped produce better sound....little more bass and alot less hollow sounding. To be honest with what you have described as well as the others this speaker really sounds great and I dont have complaint one on sound, but the size is a bit big.

Status
Not open for further replies.