Palstar PM2000A
Ameritron ARB-704
Heathkit SB-220
Heathkit SB-301
Klipsch Promedia 2.0 Speakers
Radio Shack SSM-1750 - Sound Mixer
Comet GP-3 - 2 Meter / 440 Dual band Antenna
Radiowavz 20 Meter Dipole
Buckmaster 6 Band OCF Dipole - (3,000 watt version) 40, 20, 17, 12, 10, & 6 meters.
Alpha Delta TT3G50 - 2,000 watt lightning surge protector
MFJ 270 Guardian Angel - Lighting Surge Protector for 20m Dipole
Ham Radio Software - Ham Radio Deluxe and also Echolink

100_3416.JPG

Home brewed computer Intel Core 2 Duo 3.2ghz Quad core, 4gigs memory
Nvidia 8800GTX, RAID0 Array -Western Digital Raptors 150gig 10k rpm hard drives
Sound Blaster XFi sound card and dual Plextor DVD Burners
Ham Radio Deluxe controlling my Icom 746Pro, the bandscope is on the second of two 24" monitor's

100_3141.JPG

viking396

Thanks guys, working hard on it every day. I also have a Yaesu VX-170 and Radioshack Pro-92 (or is it Pro-93, nuts, can't remember) I forgot to add.

viking396

What a great setup!

What do you use the Radio Shack mixer for?

Thanks. :) I have a nice collection of Wolf stuff as well.

I have an AM and FM transmitter for my house so when I broadcast old time radio I use the AM transmitter which routes the output via the mixer so I can balance how it's going to sound on the old tube radios I have. Some of the bigger Zenith's have so much lower end they shake the living room so I can back off the bass a bit for them ( for stereo this is great, for AM it can get a bit much). The manual tone controls on these old beasts remove too much bass so I don't mess with them.

I use the FM transmitter for music and on Halloween I up the power enough (at full power it's still under legal limit) for my neighbors to listen in on my Halloween sound tracks I use to keep the kids entertained while trick or treating. Some of them broadcast the same music so it surrounds the kids.

I also route the output of my Icom 746Pro through the mixer so I can record some of the interesting things I have heard on it.

100_1352.JPG

Last edited:

viking396

Hello Friends:

Dude I fell like a kid in a candy store...so many goodies...great set up.;)

Thanks, I wish I could show all of it but this is the main part, the other equipment is mostly tube radios so doesn't qualify for the Shack. I have placed an order for an Icom 7700 to make HF that much more fun so the 746Pro will be used for 2m and general RX.

The 7700 will require a complete redesign so the boat anchors will probably be moved to another part of the room.

The rest of my stuff can be seen via my web site. I've been collecting for a long time now so there is a lot there.
http://radiofun.homestead.com/ham_radio.html

viking396

I love the dual 24'' monitors! Must be some view in person.....

Manny

If I had the money there would be dual 30" monsters in there, you can never have enough screen space. I think that I would get a tan from something that insane however. :D

The XYL would mock me forever as well, wait, she already does that...

mkh

I see from your screen that the Pro is on 80 meters but I don't see an antenna listed for that. Are you tuning up the Alpha Delta?

viking396

I see from your screen that the Pro is on 80 meters but I don't see an antenna listed for that. Are you tuning up the Alpha Delta?

On 80m I just listen, I only have the 20m dipole in the attic right now, I had hoped the rest of the parts would be here for my 6 band dipole but alas they were a no show this week so it's another week before I can put the antenna up.

I take the General soon so I'll be able to use that 6 band dipole more fully. I have made some QSO's on 10m in my allowable range using my 20m dipole and built in antenna tuner, I received a QSL card from West Monroe, Louisiana a few weeks back, not bad considering 20m dipole in the attic! I hope to send him a QSL card when mine comes in from the printer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.