My intro to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My uncle worked for NE Game & Parks I was always amazed with all of the antennas and radios on his truck. He had all low band SO & NSP and vhf with a telephone dial to dial the right repeater. He had a 8 channel crystal scanner in his house I was always glued to. I love the the 8 flashing lights, not much to hear in the sand hills, His wife was also a dispatcher for the SO.When I was 12 he got a 20 channel RS programmable scanner and gave me the 8 channel I was hooked.And since then have had may scanners. 18 joined Army went into RAT but that changed fast to satellite. Lost interest in the scanner. Got back to the states and got back into into them. Here in FTC around 97 I started to see a blue patrol car that said Federal police on it, so I started searching fed band UHF because of the antenna on it and found 410.8 talking about the post office, fed police at the time on the wed site was listed under USSS. After 911 traffic increased on that freq. One day I ran accross RR and found the tread Fed Protective Service I got excited I logged on to the site as 2scanners but I change my user name I thought I pissed some people off. I did not want to make people mad. with my ignorance, I love this hobby as much as everyone else here. I have learned so much here. Hope to seen everyone and the meeting. I will be the quiet guy with not much to say until I get adjusted.

Last edited:

Bentley

I got started when I was 17 years old, and first got my drivers licence. One of the first places I drove myself to was the Ocean County Mall....I walked into the radio shack store, ( with my car keys around my finger, swinging them back and forth making a clanging noise, to let everyone know that I had a drivers licence!...I thought I was so damn cool! ) and they had a pro-28 on display. The scanner was on and monitoring Dover Twp. Police, before they went digital of corse. I stood there for about 20 mins, in amazement that I could actually hear what the cops were saying!

The salesman didnt exactly have to twist my arm to purchase one! It was a shiny new pro-28 with a whopping 30 channel memory, and a scan rate of what seems now to be about 1 ch per 3 mins. That scanner was one of the best purchases I've ever made...20 years and 20 scanners later I'm still going strong! I Love this hobby!!

dond943

I had a BC210 when I lived in Longmont in the 80's, When I was transfer back to the Chicago area I purchased a PRO-46, interesting traffic on it in the early 90's. Then my wife was transfered to NC and I kindof lost interest in listening be cause of the crazy hours I was working. In 2000 I moved back to Colo. in the Parker area and did not get much traffic on the PRO-46. Acouple of weeks ago when I saw that some of the RS stores were closing I purchase a PRO-96 and found a few files and got WIN96 and joined RR. I just need to get with a few of the locals to fine tune my files for my listeniong pleasure.

JD

luke-1

dond943 said:
I had a BC210 when I lived in Longmont in the 80's, When I was transfer back to the Chicago area I purchased a PRO-46, interesting traffic on it in the early 90's. Then my wife was transfered to NC and I kindof lost interest in listening be cause of the crazy hours I was working. In 2000 I moved back to Colo. in the Parker area and did not get much traffic on the PRO-46. Acouple of weeks ago when I saw that some of the RS stores were closing I purchase a PRO-96 and found a few files and got WIN96 and joined RR. I just need to get with a few of the locals to fine tune my files for my listeniong pleasure.

JD

Welcome to the group JD

There are quite a few people on RR that live right here in Parker, myself included.

We are scheduling are next quarterly meet right now. A great chance to meet others and get your fine tuning done.

hope you can make it

Status
Not open for further replies.