My Jeep and House Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
My 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport.
jeepjeep.jpg

Jeep Roof: XM Satelite Radio antenna, UHF antenna (to Kenwood TK-880), Scanner Antenna (to RadioShack Pro-2051)
jeep.jpg

Jeep Inside: A Radioshack PRO-2051 1000 Channel Scanner. A Kenwood 25 Watt TK-880 UHF Mobile Radio.
All the wires are tucked under and inside the middle console. Mic mount. The external speaker for the Kenwood TK-880 UHF Mobile.
jeep1.jpg

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

Antenna: Radioshack Discone antenna (attached to a 20' aluminum pole attached to house)
antenna.jpg

Inside house: Internet server (with remote desktop control w/ highspeed connection with ScanControl scanner controlling software) attached to middle scanner,
a Bearcat BC895XLT, for ( http://www.centralpascanner.com ). Another Bearcat BC895XLT for my regular house scanner.
house1.jpg

Inside house: My humble domain. Gaming computer w/ 5.1 surround sound on left and the scanner setup on right.
Everything connected to a battery backup system for those random power outages that blanket the area.
house2.jpg

Last edited:

cschmit

Very Nice.. I used to own a 1999 Cherokee Sport and I know how limited room they have but you have seemed to break through that barrier. Nice install in both places!!

intrepid97

Nice setups indeed,But you may want to consider taping that coax to the pole so it is not blowing around in the wind :)

kf4lne

Eventually flopping coax stops blowing around in the wind and bounces off your roof :) This usually occurs when the movement has been enough to break it loose from the connector. But those are very nice installs.

twolf816

nice installs...how does the discone perform on the 800mhz band...if u monitor it

and yes what are you using to split the antenna...and what type of coax

i would like to have the exact same setup but with a bigger multicoupler

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
There aren't any counties close enough to my house that use 800Mhz system that I could monitor.

As far as the coax and whatnot, I have RG6 coming from the antenna inside and into a standard cable splitter and then I have two more lines from the splitter to each scanner. Now mind you, each scanner has to have a coax to BNC adapter on it, but I cannot tell any signal loss from having the splitter.

And as to the comment about the coax flopping around, the coax is zip-tied to the pole currently, that is an older picture.

Last edited:

intrepid97

What kind of antenna are you using on the mobile scanner,And how well does it perform?

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I honestly don't know what type of antenna it is. It picks up all bands 46.060 - 468.000MHz very well at rather good distances with not much sacrifice in sound clarity. I was looking for an antenna similar to it that is just a little shorter like is on my EMS Chief's unit. Anyone have any sites for mobile scanner antennas like mine?

twolf816 said:
nice installs...how does the discone perform on the 800mhz band...if u monitor it

and yes what are you using to split the antenna...and what type of coax

i would like to have the exact same setup but with a bigger multicoupler

I have that antenna and it works pretty well on 800Mhz. I am getting towers at over 30 miles with ease.

crazyboy

SlipNutz15 said:
I honestly don't know what type of antenna it is. It picks up all bands 46.060 - 468.000MHz very well at rather good distances with not much sacrifice in sound clarity. I was looking for an antenna similar to it that is just a little shorter like is on my EMS Chief's unit. Anyone have any sites for mobile scanner antennas like mine?

Check out the antennex ABSCAN

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
That antenna is way too low-profile to pick anything up and plus they're specific according to their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.