My Latest Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

slkrueck

Here is my current listening setup.

RS Pro-2046 using the RS 20-176 antenna located in attic monitoring air medical.
BC898t using the RS 20-043 monitoring civil and mil-air.
RS Pro-2040 using a homebrew off-center fed dipole monitoring county fire bases.
BC396T using RS 20-283 800Mhz monitoring city/county/skywarn.
Kaito KA1103.

Not pictured:

BC60XLT-1 in bedroom monitoring county fire bases.
Pro-2021 in garage monitoring county fire bases.

Attachments

• scanner1.JPG
    scanner1.JPG
    212.6 KB · Views: 998
  • scanner2.JPG
    scanner2.JPG
    212.7 KB · Views: 750
  • scanner3.JPG
    scanner3.JPG
    224.9 KB · Views: 735
  • antenna1.JPG
    antenna1.JPG
    225.7 KB · Views: 671
  • antenna2.JPG
    antenna2.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 755

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Nicely done!

Just curious, I dont see any external speakers, are you using any and just not pictured? The reason I ask is because the cubby holes where the equipment is tucked in look kind of small in relations to the radios themselves. I was wondering how they all sound using just the internal speakers in a small space. Otherwise, nice idea with the cubby holes. Gives me a few ideas.

Manny

Last edited:

slkrueck

Just curious, I dont see any external speakers, are you using any and just not pictured? The reason I ask is because the cubby holes where the equipment is tucked in look kind of small in relations to the radios themselves. I was wondering how they all sound using just the internal speakers in a small space. Otherwise, nice idea with the cubby holes. Gives me a few ideas.

Manny

The speakers (3 each) are mounted above the desk on the ceiling. I find that I can hear things better with the sound coming down around me.

slkrueck

Nice ! What's holding up your Kaito ?

I took the pedistal off the bottom of an old flat screen at work and mounted a flat piece of metal to it. The "stand" on the back of the Kaito fits over the top of the metal plate. I like the fact that the radio doesn't lean back so much as without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.