My Listening Post/Ham Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
If I can figure out why my picture hasn't been loading, there will be a picture of my listening post in my home office presented below.

From left to right and top to bottom. Yeasu FC-20 antenna tuner for an HF vertical, Yeasu FT-847 HF/6m/2m/70cm base station, Speakers for BC-780 and RS PRO-2006 (this one has modifications for certain "other uses"), a digital display clodk with UTC on it, a crude speaker routing device is on the bottom below the speakers that uses parts I had on hand without ordering anything, Grove Pre-Amp and Tuner for the FRG-7700, Radio Shack PRO-2006 used to monitor one system only and as a backup scanner, an Etrunk slicer for the PRO-2006, a digital display clock with local military time on it, Yeasu FT-1500 2m and backup VHF-Hi scanner, BC-780, EDIT the control for my Diamond scanner antenna END EDIT, and finally my Yeasu FRG-7700 (purchased in 1980 for a price of about $500) used to monitor non-Ham HF.

I have five other base scanners, four mobile scanners, six handheld scanners, four amateur mobiles, three amateur handhelds, two GMRS handhelds, one marine handheld, and a partridge in a pear tree not pictured. One is my original Regency TMR-8H crystal tuned scanner, and another is the BC-210 I purchased about two years after they came out. I was in a limited income situation when it came out and could not afford to buy one right away. I waited for a promotion and transfer before adding it to the collection.

I'm going to build a whole new shelf to put three to four full width shelves on top of these deskside file cabinets. Then I can put the PRO-2052 up there and be able to listen to the only two trunked systems in our two county region, one for Southern Calif. Edison and the other for the Mammoth Mountain Ski Area. At present the 2052 is on the night stand next to my desk and in order to listen to them while not turning on too many banks on the 780 I have to turn up the bedroom set on real loud. This is something the neighbors don' care for.

When I complete the upgrades to my mobiles and their antennas, as well as the base station antennas, I will post pictures of them. The view the antennas have is probably better than the antennnas themselves.

Last edited:

nexus

Exsmokey said:
P.S. That is a Heil boom mike/headset combination on top of the antenna tuner.

Yeah that's a Heil he has.. I have one as well...

He has a nice setup, I like that.

SCPD

QRT
northzone said:
Very nice, now time to upgrade so you can actually use that HF radio.

I'm working on it!! For now I'm listening to HF. I can still work 6/2/70cm on it in the meantime.

W8OSP

Dang i need that 847!! ive got 2 857's and a 817 that i use but ive come to think i need an actual base station!! Nice rigs!! Do you work any satalites with that rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.