My little listening post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsviper22

My kids from left to right ( Rear left ) Radio Shack Pro-96, (Mid front) Radio Shack Pro-2054,(Rear right) Uniden BC330T - connected to a Spyder Discone and providing my feed for New London County,CT @ www.incidentbroadcast.com

Attachments

• equipment.jpg
    equipment.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,235

Josh

Could you spare any RF connectors in your multi-unit adaptor series?

wow!

otherwise, looks like you can do some fine monitoring there, where does that RG58 run to?

-Josh

richster

Nice radios.

It looks like an SMA to BNC, then a BNC to a PL259 connector. Do you experience weaker signals compared to your base scanner?

Regards,
Richster.

dsviper22

richster said:
It looks like an SMA to BNC, then a BNC to a PL259 connector. Do you experience weaker signals compared to your base scanner?
QUOTE]

It's an SMA to BNC, then BNC Male to Male, then RG8x. It is connected to a Discone antenna outside. I have hooked the Pro-96 to it .. but not the desktop because the desktop seems to overload too easily. Moreso than the Pro-96. I have two FM transmitter towers nearby so I just use the 330t with the discone since it doesn't seem to have overload issues.

As for the flower, those are for my wife. She just gave birth to our beautiful daughter on Aug. 26th :D

Towpro

....."As for the flower, those are for my wife. She just gave birth to our beautiful daughter on Aug. 26th ".....

Congratz on your new arrival, she sleep with the scanner cracklin'....? LOL

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
Dude seriously, put an SMA on the end of that coax! :D

Or else replace the PL259 with a BNC. Way too much stress on that poor 330's SMA connector :)

I speak from experience here.

Status
Not open for further replies.